Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redroze_gw

Pendant lights and faucets are in!

redroze
15 years ago

The upper cabinets are down because the range hood cover is being shortened, and the wiring is all out for the undercabinet lighting. But on the bright side...our pendant lights and faucet are in!!! I'm shocked at how "finished" it feels with the lights and faucets in, as it gives height and dimension and fills in the space between the cabinets. It's a great feeling and I wanted to share it with all of you! The floors also have their last coat of poly and let me tell you, I am in love with these floors, if ever one was able to fall in love with an inanimate object. They are *the perfect colour*. So great after having to live with a hardwood stain that I've hated for 3 years.

We decided the light placement and height are just right now that they're up (for those of you who read my old post, worried that they were too small). Photos just don't do it justice!! It's also hard to show how nice the candelabra bulbs look as the photos make them blurry. It gives a nice, antique feel with the glass lanterns.

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

Comments (34)

• redroze
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oops, one more...gotta love that hole in the wall for our range hood. =)

• dd70
    15 years ago

Redroze, your kitchen is going to be stunning...those pendants are fabulous. I really can't wait to see it all complete.

• TxMarti
    15 years ago

Very pretty! It looks like a dream kitchen that you will really enjoy.

• trudymom
    15 years ago

How gorgeous and what a dream kitchen it will be to work in.

• nomorebluekitchen
    15 years ago

I kinda miss the ghost arm...

Just kidding. Looks fab!

Anita

• redroze
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nomoreblue - what's a ghost arm??

• redroze
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I get it now...haha...here's the ghost arm again for your viewing pleasure. DH's ghost arm to be exact! For those of you who are scratching your heads in confusion, DH photoshopped this photo before we hung the lights as we were worried that the scale of lights was wrong.

• yolande_1951
    15 years ago

Lovely. It's going to be gorgeous when it is complete.
    Judy

• rmkitchen
    15 years ago

Omigod -- you did so good, Friend!

This response is taking me f-o-r-e-v-e-r to write because I keep scrolling up to look again and again at those delicious photos and then I have to wipe the drool off the keyboard ....

The pendants and faucets are seriously sublime, and the more I look at your Natural Cream walls the more I become a Natural Cream kind of gal!

You must be over the moon happy. I am over the moon happy for you. It's beautiful!

• igloochic
    15 years ago

Not worried about scale any more are you? They're lovely and look great with the faucets! And they almost match the hole for the hood :oP

• vicnsb
    15 years ago

The lights & faucet look so great with that granite & cab.
    Great combo...I know you must be thrilled at how close you are!
    vic

• pbrisjar
    15 years ago

That is looking absolutely fabulous. I have serious faucet envy. The lights are indeed perfect. I love your floor color, too. Very rich and warm.

• bayareafrancy
    15 years ago

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• minette99
    15 years ago

Just beautiful -- even with holes in the walls! :) Those pendants are lovely and the faucet -- a sweet piece of bling! VERY nice! Floors are beautiful, too!

• jb1176
    15 years ago

You have done a spectacular job with this kitchen and I add my complements to all the others that have been posted here. l have some additional questions to ask however. Does the Bianco Antico have a taupe or beige or tan look in the darker portions of the stone? What faucet did you choose and please share the details on the pendant lights?

Keep us posted on the finishing touches. Thanks for the pictures. This one is going in my "idea" file.

JB

• bbtondo
    15 years ago

Simply stunning! Your kitchen is really coming together, you must be thrilled! I really love the pendant lights and how you did your "highhat" lights. It looks like you hired a very expensive designer to put all the pieces together. I can't wait to see the finished product.
    Barb

• mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
    15 years ago

Gorgeous! It is an absolute stunner of a kitchen! It is beautiful! Congrats! What is the name of your granite? So pretty!

• redroze
    Original Author
    15 years ago

More photos in the daytime...just a few shots of the kitchen overall.

Yes, I am so excited!!! I can't wait until it's all over but I'm enjoying the ride as well!

Mustbnuts - The granite is Bianco Antico.

• cat_mom
    15 years ago

So gorgeous!!!! Isn't nice when then end result(s) wipes out all the prior worrying!

• redroze
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jb1176 - The Bianco Antico has a greyish taupe look in the darker portions of the sonte. It's grey quartz. This is a defining colour in the stone. The faucet I chose is Danze Opulence which was super inexpensive (and looks a heck of a lot like the Hamat Michelle faucet which is a ton more expensive I'm sure). The pendants are from Turn of the Century Lighting in Toronto, Canada. With saving on the appliances and faucets, it was definitely our splurge as they are $845 per light. But they are antique repros and I've searched high and low for the perfect lights, so they are worth every penny in my book. I'm thrilled that I can help you out with your idea file. I'll post more pics when it's done of course!

Here's a close-up of the granite:

Bbtondo - I was looking at the photo and thinking how high the lights looked. But I've seen a photo in a magazine with very similar lights and they were also mounted high, and somehow they just work really well especially in person. It may be the metal portion on the bottom - if they hung lower it would be annoying to have it in your line of vision! Our designer is from a very reputable Canadian firm but I don't know if she's considered expensive. She provided a ton of value particularly with coming up with the layout. When people engage designers (i think) they approach it in one of two ways: Get the designer to come up with a vision and suggest ideas, or tell the designer your vision and have them give your professional opinion on it and help out with the nitty-gritty decisions that you've already narrowed down. DH and I have gone with the latter because we love making our home ours and read a ton of design magazines and just love aesthetic projects (we planned our wedding three years ago without a wedding coordinator). Thank you for saying that, it's a very nice compliment!!

• redroze
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bbtondo - Regarding the designer, I forgot to add that I chose most of the "fixins" to pull it together (with hubby okaying everything and giving input). I chose the following items and "okay-ed" it by our designer to make sure it worked and that I wasn't missing anything, and to help me choose the technical (ex. Chose the hardware but asked her to help with determining sizes per cabinets). So I chose: The granite (she actually said it was quite a brittle granite than others as a caution), the hardware, the cabinet door style and colour, the pendants, the faucets, the appliances, the floor stain. So even though she was aware of every choice, I still would like to think it is truly our creation as we basically chose everything! The MAIN value she brought was in the floor plan...LOVE the floor plan...and in consulting on the technical details.

• katmandu_2008
    15 years ago

Oooh, I really LOVE your kitchen!!!! Mind telling me what kind of faucets those are? Everything looks just beautiful!

• laxsupermom
    15 years ago

Everything is turning out beautifully! The pendants are gorgeous in place(and less scary without the floating hands, LOL) I can't wait to see your final kitchen posts.

• hannah1
    15 years ago

Your kitchen looks beautiful. I am also doing a white kitchen and I actually chose very similar pendants. I am hesitating to order them because I think they might be too big for my 5 foot island and 12 foot wide kitchen. How big is your island? Also, do you have the dimensions of the pendants?

• Laurie
    15 years ago

Love everything, especially those pendant lights & pretty faucets : )

• janefan
    15 years ago

So lovely. So lovely. So lovely. Sorry, can't stop saying it over and over. Your kitchen is beautiful; those pendants are perfection. As a white kitchen fanatic myself, I always enjoy seeing your posts! I cannot wait for the finished photos!!

• redroze
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Katmandu - They are Danze from the Opulence collection and were a total steal. The sink faucet, bar faucet, soap dispensers and sidespray are all Danze Opulence, polished chrome. The look is similar to the Hamat Michelle which is more expensive. They look pricier than they are which is great!

Hannah - The island is 3x8'(well, the granite countertop is 3x8' which incorporates a 1" overhang. The island itself is slightly smaller). The pendants are 10" in diameter at the widest point and 27" in length. I could have gone slightly bigger and longer if I wanted to. For your 5x12' island I'd say you could go nearly twice as large as mine but if possible, try to get them at home first to see.

• hannah1
    15 years ago

redroze, thanks for your response, but my island is 5'x2' not 12' (my kitchen is 12' in width).

• mindimoo
    15 years ago

Beautiful!!! Glad you stuck with them and the placement! They are perfect! It's so easy to second guess all our decisions...but, you did great!

• Buehl
    15 years ago

It's looking wonderful! The pendants look perfect!

• dajeli
    15 years ago

redroze
    It looks beautiful so far! Two questions:
    What granite did you choose? Also what is the size of your island?

• redroze
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dajeli - The granite is Bianco Antico. The island is 3 feet by 8 feet.

Yes, I did second guess everything but ultimately I was fretting and worrying over nothing. I have a LOT of trouble seeing big picture sometimes, and tend to think too much about details.

• jen4268
    15 years ago

Hi Redroze- I am traveling and it is the first time I have been able to check on this site in a week, and I was soooo excited to see your updated pictures! It looks wonderful, and everything is coming together so beautifully. I'll keep checking to see the new hood (hint hint)

• redroze
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nice to see you back Jen!!! Thanks, you know how the hood and pendants have really pained me. ;-) No hints necessary - I'll post pics when the upper cabs are all up!