Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
? absolute black granite & supreme white quartzite together

Posted by ar84 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 22, 12 at 21:56

Looking for help with picking our countertops. We will have white cabinets on the periphery and a black island. Originally I wanted to do maybe honed absolute black granite on the periphery and supreme white quartzite on the island but now I am wondering if it is going to be too much going on. Particularly, I looked at the abs black in the showroom and it is not completely uniform in color but has some grain/texture. That fact in particular is making me feel like it will be too 'busy' with the supreme white. Are there any granites that are completely uniform in color or is that something only found in soapstone or other materials?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ? absolute black granite & supreme white quartzite together

I've never seen any granite that is completely uniform, but I do think AB comes the closest. That's why I chose it for my kitchen. It definitely has a grain to it and a bit of sparkle, but it appears totally black. If you want completely uniform you probably want a solid surface material that can be made that way. I don't think I've seen a soapstone that is completely uniform either.

o

Black Corian? It's in the A price group, so probably less expensive than granite.

o

I'm linking you to my finished kitchen. I put leathered absolute black on our perimeter with white macaubus on our island....same concept light patterned island (though my pattern is more linear) and solid perimeter. The absolute black reads as a solid even though there is some interest to it. It's really pretty installed.

Here is a link that might be useful: babs711 finished kitchen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here