Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
frmrsdghtr_gw

What color faucet for a stainless sink?

frmrsdghtr
12 years ago

I've picked out a faucet I really like on overstock.com. I'm just wondering what kind of finish would look best to match my stainless sink. Pulls are totally different so I intend to match the sink not the pulls.

It comes in satin nickel or chrome? OR do I need to pick out a new faucet that comes in stainless steel? Thanks!

Comments (19)

• athomesewing
    12 years ago

I bought polished chrome. When I first saw stainless on a faucet it was a Kohler Karbon faucet, it looked like something was wrong with it to me. Sort of dirty.

I guess it's a personal thing, I'm used to having the polished chrome.

• bigjim24
    12 years ago

I've always had stainless sink and chrome faucet. This time around I went with a stainless faucet mainly because of the soapstone counters. Nothing else is "shiny" in this new kitchen. I think it's a personal choice and what your space looks like.
    There's no right or wrong on this one.

• frmrsdghtr
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Very helpful - thank you! Went with a chrome faucet. Hopefully it works.

• davidro1
    12 years ago

if you get a stainless faucet, it will blend in more. This is considered better by all who see it, but often poopoo'd by those who haven't seen it.

• Buehl
    12 years ago

I have SS sinks & brushed nickel faucets, soap dispensers, and air switch...they go together very well.

• mratner
    12 years ago

The faucet finish that matches SS sinks is usually Brushed Nickel, not Stainless Steel. Weird, I know.

• Tim
    12 years ago

We have stainless appliances and sink (undermount Kraus) and went with a stainless Kohler Torq bridge faucet. Looks perfect.

But to my knowledge it isn't a 'finish' - the faucet is made of stainless steel.

• raro
    12 years ago

we have stainless steel countertops and integral sink. We went with chrome Kohler Karbon. I think it looks just fine not to have everything matchy matchy, though I like that look too. I will try to post a picture.

• revka
    12 years ago

We have an undermount stainless steel sink, stainless steel appliances, and stainless steel cabinet pulls. We went with a Kohler Forte "Vibrant Stainless Steel" pull out faucet. All the finishes are slightly different, but look good together imo.

• weedmeister
    12 years ago

I always thought it was a matter of personal preference.

I have 'brushed nickel' on mine. It looks more like the sink.

• davidro1
    12 years ago

Once you move away from chrome, you almost never go back.
    You end up with 'brushed nickel' or stainless-coating, or pure stainless.
    The kohler karbon in chrome is mostly gray tubing and only has chrome joints.

• frmrsdghtr
    Original Author
    12 years ago

oh dear... maybe I should have waited for more responses. I have never purchased a sink and faucet before. Oh well - I'll see how it turns out!

• cmm6797
    12 years ago

We have a chrome faucet with stainless steel sink and I think it looks great. There is no need to match. I'll ditto some of the other comments, which is that it really is personal preference. I like to have the hardware finishes not match; it makes it more interesting, in my opinion.

• chocolatebunny
    12 years ago

Just to throw something else in the mix, two of my neighbors each recently revamped their kitchens and both went with oil rubbed bronze faucets with their undermounted stainless steel sinks. They went with ORB to match their hardware and granite. I think it looks fine!

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    12 years ago

Chrome and stainless is a classic combination that has been in use for many, many years. It's never trendy and never weird. I don't see the problem.

• bethcw
    12 years ago

I agree that Chrome & SS are a great combination. I disagree with davidro1 that once you move away from chrome you never go back. It is a personal preference. I went back to chrome because I like the shiny, clean, bright look to it.

• cplover
    12 years ago

I too bought my SS sink on overstock. I thought I wanted a SS faucet---but when I saw the faucets in person I thought the SS looked cheap compared to the chrome. The SS faucet was also much more expensive than the chrome. So I opted for the chrome and I LOVE IT! But I think you need to see the faucet in person and choose what you like. Both work great!

• falkonxl
    12 years ago

Stainless steel kitchen sinks usually come in satin or brushed finish. Chrome faucet will look nice, but if you want to match the finish of your sink, faucet should be in a brushed nickel finish.

Here is a link that might be useful: Example of brushed finish look