Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chilled water dispenser

Posted by deanfinder (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 21:48

Our current refrigerator has a water dispenser inside the fridge. It ends up requiring leaving the door open for too long when dispensing water, but we do not want to have a through the door dispenser either. Does anyone have any experience with a faucet that dispenses chilled water at the sink, like an instant hot water dispenser does? What brands of dispensers are there? It looks like Insinkerator used to make a chiller, but it is not on their website anymore. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chilled water dispenser

We have a Westbrass Instant Water Chiller:
http://www.sears.com.pr/westbrass-instant-water-chiller/p-08316998000P

We have both an instant hot and the chiller under our sink and used a faucet that allows us to get both instant hot and instant cold water.

I love the chiller. I use it every day for the dog's water bowl and to make lemonade. DH uses it all the time for water too. It is kind of loud right after it's use but so worth having!

o

Thanks! I had seen the westbrass but could not find any reviews anywhere. Is it an instant chiller, or does it have a tank of chilled water?

o

Another thing to consider is a bottled water cooler or a bottleless water cooler that is plumbed directly into your water supply line. We use a small countertop water cooler at home. It’s pretty slick, sits on the counter under the upper cabinet. My wife loves it for the instant hot water. I use it to try to keep on top of my water consumption since my Doc wants me to increase it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bottled and Bottleless Water Coolers

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here