Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzyg215

finished kitchen

Suzy
13 years ago

sorry i took the pics a bit far away. we moved in 2 weeks ago and we still have a lot to furnish, but i figured i'd start off showing the kitchen.

this is a view into the family room from the kitchen. the built ins are all ready with the mount installed for the 65" tv.

Comments (50)

• darbuka
    13 years ago

Absolutely stunning!

Details??

• eastbaymom
    13 years ago

Wow. The crown molding and the backsplash give you such drama! That is one impressive slab on your island, and I love your lighting, too.

Small detail -- I'm curious about your drawer pulls, because they look unusual. What are they and where did you find them?

• sfmomoxo
    13 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous. What an amazing piece of stone on that peninsula!!!!!

• geargirly
    13 years ago

Wow, it's gorgeous! What is the granite called?

• aedevm
    13 years ago

Can we get details and a close up of the backsplash?? It looks beautiful!

• katsmah
    13 years ago

Very nice! Very open and bright. The backsplash looks amazing!

• sammi06
    13 years ago

Your new kitchen is gorgeous. I like how you have black and white cabinets. I also love the table and the light above it. Where did you find the light fixture above the dining table? I would love that table base with a black glass top.Where did you find that as well???

• onedog3cats
    13 years ago

Stunning!

Yes..details of the backsplash please! I love your lights. I'm thinking of doing them above our island.

• smbh
    13 years ago

Where are your barstools from? Are they brown like the table chairs? Exactly what I'm looking for. Your kitchen is gorgeous!

• shelayne
    13 years ago

Oh. My. Gosh. That is spectacular!

We need the deets--starting with that amazing stone!

• kitchenkrazed09
    13 years ago

It's really beautiful! Ditto on the details! I also would like to see a close-up of your backsplash and your granite.

• bmorepanic
    13 years ago

Oh, I love those chairs, the granite and the chandy over the table.

I like the way the windows wrap the table space and the location of the ?deck? door.

What are those tiles?

• rookie_2010
    13 years ago

Stunning! This is going to be an inspiration kitchen for quite a few! I love the mix of modern and traditional. The light fixtures are phenomenal, the calm color palette is perfect. And the backsplash is hot! I remember the old thread about your crown molding, it turned out beautiful. Enjoy your new kitchen!

• Suzy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

ok: here are some details...

granite is bianco antico
    backsplash is mandala sinu stingray (thanks beekeeper's wife)
    floors are stained dark walnut
    wall paint color is revere pewter
    kitchen table is from mcguire
    barstools & chairs are from crate & barrel
    island lights are from restoration hardware
    light over table is from hinkley lighting
    fridge & double wall oven ge monogram
    wolf range & hood
    miele dishwasher
    cabinet color is white dove & island is java w/a coffee glaze

here's a closer pic of the granite & backsplash:

• noellabelle
    13 years ago

Just stunning!

What an amazing kitchen!!!

• chris45ny
    13 years ago

Beautiful-so elegant/classy. EVERYTHING coordinates-like they all were made for each other.

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

So, so nice and soooo big!!!!

• jakabedy
    13 years ago

Gorgeous!

• lisa9774
    13 years ago

Absolutely stunning! I remember when you were trying to choose a backsplash and beekeeper suggesting the mandala. I've been anxiously waiting to see the finished product and it was definitely worth the wait!! I love it! Definitely going into my favorites!!

• pricklypearcactus
    13 years ago

Wow! What a beautiful kitchen. I especially love the lighting, the granite, and the spacious feel of the kitchen.

• hilarymontville
    13 years ago

It's absolutely gorgeous. I especially love the backsplash as well. Enjoy!

• susanlynn2012
    13 years ago

Love the cabinet color and style (what brand is the cabinet and is that considered a shaker style?), love the crown molding and how you made the cabinets look like they go to the ceiling, love the range hood, love the appliances, love the floors but most of all I adore your granite! Thanks for sharing. Just beautiful!

• honeychurch
    13 years ago

Love your lights and backsplash--they immediately jump out to me as major wow factors! Also the contrast between dark and light works really well. Enjoy!

• lisa_a
    13 years ago

Love it!

I remember when you were trying to figure out the crown molding detail. You hit on a perfect note with your choice. Please tell me more. How tall is the board between cabinet molding and crown molding? TIA!

• drybean
    13 years ago

Beautiful!! Well done.

• dianalo
    13 years ago

The size of the tiles in your backsplash work perfectly with your hood. They look substantial and rich.
    I also love your lighting fixtures and all the other choices.
    It does have an amazing mix of modern and traditional. Clean lines and a strong presence.
    It looks like a pleasure to work in ;)

• beekeeperswife
    13 years ago

To Die For!!!!

It is absolutely stunning! Job well done!

I am so happy you used that tile, I really think it is fantastic!

FAAA-BU-LOUSSSS

• wear_your_baby
    13 years ago

I love it. You did a wonderful job with everything.

Do you mind if I ask what faucet is at the island and what are the inner dimensions of that sink? I have a similar placement, I believe and I'm so nervous to take the plunge without seeing it done IRL!!

Thanks!

• kwortmann
    13 years ago

Absolutely beautiful... I love the sink in the island... very cool added feature. Congratulations!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Need Countertops?

• Gena Hooper
    13 years ago

Beautiful! Love that bianco antico, and the backsplash is its perfect complement. Congratulations on a gorgeous space!

• susanlynn2012
    13 years ago

I showed my friend this link and now he wants cabinets the color of yours and wants to use crown molding like you did on top. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful kitchen.

• sedeno77
    13 years ago

Fantastico!

• Christine Clemens
    13 years ago

Beautiful job. All of the details are so perfect. Everything just works so well together.

I have a couple of quick questions. 1) Where is your pantry? (sorry if I missed this in the info.) 2) What are the dimensions of your kitchen and your island?

• shermp
    13 years ago

If you can get to replying .... what type of wood floors to you have? Nail and stain or engineered? Type of wood? They are beautiful!

• Suzy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

odiegirl13: the pantry is next to the butler's pantry which is through that open header next to the range wall. it's a huge walk in pantry. not sure of the dimensions of the kitchen. it's big. the island is 9ft x 4.5ft.

shermp: we have quartersawn white oak flooring w/a dark walnut stain and a satin finish. i actually like the regular oak flooring w/the dark walnut stain that we have upstairs better but we had to do quartersawn on this floor because we have radiant heating underneath. but the stain came out a bit darker on the upstairs floors w/more grain detail and it's really pretty up there.

• gsciencechick
    13 years ago

Ooh, the stingray backsplash came out awesome! Everything looks great! The floors are so rich, too.

• techmom1
    13 years ago

Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous kitchen. It's absolutely stunning! Enjoy many fabulous meals!

• bostonpam
    13 years ago

Beautiful kitchen! I love your granite and floor color - very dramatic. Your island pendants are great too.

• albanynyjen
    13 years ago

What brand of cabinets did you use? What area of the country do you live in? Hardware ???

• Suzy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

albanynyjen, i don't know the brand since i used the place my builder gets cabinets made. the color is white dove though. we live in northern new jersey (i went to suny albany). the hardware was picked out at the cabinet maker too so i don't know the brand of that. sorry i couldn't be more helpful.

• tracey_b
    13 years ago

WOW! Niiiiice.

• kristin773
    13 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful!
    What size pendants did you order? I am thinking of doing the same or similar but am not sure about size. Yours look perfect!

• sparklekitty
    13 years ago

Well done. All lovely but the granite and backsplash really made it a WOW - bold and beautiful choices. Congrats.

• Suzy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thanks everyone!

kristin773 - the pendants are 11" diameter. perfect size for this size island.

• vampiressrn
    13 years ago

KRIKEEEEEEE...how did I miss this post. Just fabulous....love the colors, your counters and tile are delicious!!! Love how your cabinets and floors complement each other. NICE JOB :-)

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

Like wear_your_baby, I'm curious about your faucet. Which one is i?

No wonder I like BA. It's GORGEOUS!!! And all of the details compliment each other perfectly. The way the molding is finished above the cabinets is something I want to file in the memory bank. I think we voted on that at some point, didn't we? (It's been a while....and a long summer with the kids.....)

• flwrs_n_co
    13 years ago

Stunning! The floors, cabs, and backsplash compliment your granite perfectly!

• Suzy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

wear_your_baby & breezygirl, the faucet is the kohler simplice. same faucet for the main sink as the island sink (but a slightly smaller version).

• stevie_2010
    13 years ago

Oh my! That's stunning! I love it all.

• essie4
    13 years ago

Could you please tell me where you got this tile..online or? wondering if it comes in other colors..really pretty!