Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Need advice re: 2 pulls on 30" drawers.

Posted by sparkier73 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 5, 13 at 21:45

Purchased two 5" pulls for each 30" drawer. During install today, my GC mentioned that with 2 pulls, the drawer glides will eventually become off kilter unless we use both hands when opening the drawers. He advised just using one pull in the center of the drawer front, but I don't like the look of one small pull centered, and I'd like to avoid the added expense of getting a larger pull. Has anyone with two pulls per drawer experienced difficulty with the glides over time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Need advice re: 2 pulls on 30" drawers.

I have both, single in the kitchen, doubles in the butler's pantry, where the drawers are fully of heavy items but are not opened every day.

No problems with either drawer, but the glides are top quality and meant for heavier loads. That's what you really want to check!

o

If your cabinets have good modern undermount drawer glides such as Blum Tandem or Grass then using two pulls is not a problem. Have em in my kitchen, pot and pan cabinet among others, going on 9 years and I never ever pull on two at a time. I've done hundreds of kitchens this way.

o

Ditto above, two pulls on mine and I only ever use one at a time. Blum undermounts are worth every penny; the drawers open and close like butter.

o

I upgraded to extra heaving weight bearing glides on our two 30" drawers, designated for pots and pans storage.

Initially I planned two 6" pulls on each, but at DH's request changed to one 6" centered pull which allows a firm grip wrap around it.

You can go either way obviously.

o

I would buy one larger pull.

o

If you have good glides, it is not a problem at all. I did 2 pulls for all drawers larger than 26in.

o

I did the same - I needed to add some symmetry to the kitchen.

o

Great! Thanks for input everyone. I do have Blum glides so -woo hoo!- I'm sticking to my original plan!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here