Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
imaginarysister

Finished Kitchen

ImaginarySister
10 years ago

The kitchen is finished! It took about 6 weeks. We had the entire first floor refinished and hardwood installed in the kitchen, removed the wall separating the kitchen from the dining room.

Shiloh Cabinets
Lapidus Gold Granite
Leland Faucet
Silgranit Metallic Gray Sink
Sharp Microwave Drawer
Bosch 800 Plus Dishwasher
Electrolux Refrigerator and Slide In Range
Tile is 4 x 8 Imperial Bone Crazed

Here is a link that might be useful: Flickr Link: Before,Demo, During

Comments (40)

• angel411
    10 years ago

Love your kitchen! What kind of wood are your cabinets?
    Enjoy your wonderful space!

• CEFreeman
    10 years ago

Wow...!!!!
    My beloved inset cabinetry. Oh, how gorgeous.
    You have a beautiful space.
    I hope you enjoy every moment in it.

• tea4all
    10 years ago

Wow for sure! Your granite is gorgeous with your cabinets! What a delight to cook in there. Congratulations and enjoy it for many years! Thanks for sharing it .

• LE
    10 years ago

What a transformation! Is this in an older home? Looks like you did a great job getting a 21st century kitchen that "fits."

Do you have any pix that show your fridge from a slight side angle? We are looking at the same one, but not sure how far it would extend beyond the cabs or if we'd be able to open the doors all the way. Looks like yours is in a tight spot as well-- does it work out OK? How much of a gap did you have to leave against the wall on the right?

You know how your current obsession is the only thing you see on a given day? Sorry for that, the whole is very beautiful.

• Eric Freedman
    10 years ago

Very nice kitchen. I like your lighting fixtures. Where did you get them? I am still struggling with deciding what if any lighting I do over my island. Thanks.

• Kathy Rivera
    10 years ago

Beautiful! I love the color of the cabinets - so warm.

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

Your cabs are super pretty! The graining on the wood is really attractive and very warm. I like the way the doorway frame and the cabinets go together (and I'm not usually a matchy/matchy gal!). You made a GREAT choice with the inset...I think it makes the whole cabinet look amazing!

• debrak2008
    10 years ago

Wonderful kitchen. Great how you kept the character of the house. My heart did skip a beat when I caught a glimpse of your dining room. Any chance on a photo of the room?

• teeda
    10 years ago

Beautiful! It looks so warm and classic. The wood is gorgeous--as are the countertops. Enjoy!

• ImaginarySister
    Original Author
    10 years ago

angel411-the cabinets are cherry, coffee stain with black glaze.

CEFreeman-thank you!! Love, love, love inset cabinets.

lori_inthenw-the house was built in 1917. Here are some shots of the fridge from other angles. Yes, it is a tight fit, we had to adjust the stops on the right door so it would not hit the wall. There's really no room at all, it's pretty much an exact fit. Let me know if these pics help.

diyguyjr-I got the light fixtures from Ferguson. Progress PP519509 "School House" Down Light Pendant for the 12" light and Progress PP519609 "School House" Mini Pendant for the 8" light.

Thank you WMA89, firsthouse_mp, KathyNY76,& tea4all, I still can't believe it's so beautiful.

debrak2008-I took a pic of the dining room, also a little detail of the hardwood floor. It has this nice design in all the corners which I just love. Then I also took a pic of the fireplace.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Absolutely perfect in every way. Best wishes for many happy hours in your beautiful kitchen.

• granjan
    10 years ago

Lovely kitchen. Beautiful wood. Is that an electric or induction range? How's the oven?

• selmalira
    10 years ago

I love places with wood textures and furnitures why natural wood to! That why i did my web site with this wood background too!

And the electros with metal texture lets the kitchen modern and wonderful!

• Kathy Rivera
    10 years ago

• Kathy Rivera
    10 years ago

• heidihausfrau
    10 years ago

What a pretty kitchen! It goes perfectly with the rest of the house. You must be thrilled with how terrific it is! To me, it looks like it has always been there--style wise, I mean. Great job!

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Very pretty kitchen! I love inset cabinets. Love the color of the cabinets, the stainless steel appliances, your gorgeous counters and your beautiful floors!

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Very nice! Love the wood!!!!

• Gooster
    10 years ago

Your cherry inset cabinets turned out so beautifully and pair so well with your granite choice. I also love the border on the floor, with the strips of quarter sawn oak.

• debrak2008
    10 years ago

Beautiful wood work! Thanks for sharing.

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

Such a great transformation! Love the warm wood and the beautiful stone. Congratulations and enjoy your lovely new kitchen!

• annkh_nd
    10 years ago

Gorgeous! I love how you've created a modern functioning kitchen that retains the feel and character of the old house.

That floor detail is beautiful!

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

Oooh, I love your house and your kitchen is wonderful. Fits the style of the house perfectly. Lapidus is my all time favorite granite too. Very well done.

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

I had to take another look at your beautiful Shiloh Inset Cabinets with that gorgeous granite! Thanks again for sharing.

• ImaginarySister
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks so much!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my kitchen!!

• taggie
    10 years ago

I missed this the first time round. Love it! Beautiful cabinetry, so rich and warm. And I love the seeded glass in your uppers. Great job!!

• jenny_from_the_block
    10 years ago

Oh, such a lovely kitchen! Love the way it looks old but new, and and the wood on the doors, window trim, and cabinets.

• Mags438
    10 years ago

Love your house! Reminds me of mine with original trim still stained. I love how you worked with it (instead of painting trim which I reluctantly agreed to do). I want to re-think my decision! Thanks for sharing.

• itsallaboutthefood
    10 years ago

Truly beautiful!

• athomeinvagw
    10 years ago

Your kitchen is so lovely and your tiger oak floors are the prettiest floors that I have ever seen. Very nice job!

• katie234
    9 years ago

Your kitchen looks great. I really like your appliances. The slide in range looks nice along with the microwave drawer. Please let me know what models they are and also if you still like them. Does the slide in range come all the way to the back wall?

• partridgepeartree
    9 years ago

Beautiful kitchen! Love the cabinets! I have that range waiting to be installed in my ripped out kitchen. :) Hope you enjoy your new space!

• tinker1121
    9 years ago

Very nice!! Cabinets are gorgeous as are the floors and granite. Congrats!

• smalloldhouse
    9 years ago

Wow, I don't remember seeing this when it was first posted. It's incredible.

• romy718
    9 years ago

I missed your kitchen too-glad it popped up again. Beautiful, beautiful wood & you put everything together so seamlessly. I hope you're enjoying it!

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    9 years ago

Also missed this before-- beautiful job of making the kitchen suit the house!

The detail on the floor and the little fireplace made my heart go pitty-pat too! I would love to see more of the house, it looks fabulous.

• Mags438
    9 years ago

This came back up so of course I have to look at every reveal since I've missed so many of them. I commented before, but just have to reiterate how I marvel at how you incorporated the original patinaed trim. Your trim also looks in outstanding condition. Mine, I thought, looked good...until I painted it...not so good condition. You've succeeded, where many of us (myself included) have failed. Making your kitchen look like it always been there. Big congrats!

• ImaginarySister
    Original Author
    9 years ago

katie234-The slide in range is Electrolux EW30IS65JS and the microwave drawer is Sharp 24". There is about 2-1/2" at the rear of the range that has the granite, so it does not slide all the way to the wall. Love the appliances still.

Thanks everyone for your comments!! My contractor made new trim around the windows and took the time and effort to match what was already in the house. Then they came back and took the door and stained that also. I was fortunate that the trim in the house was not painted, except for the windows in the kitchen, go figure. Since then we have installed roller shades on the windows and door from The Handwerk Shade Shop. My contractor also won the Contractor of Year award in our area with our kitchen. It's a pleasure to cook now.

• ginger25
    9 years ago

What type of wood is on the floor and what color is the stain. Beautiful!

• mgmum
    9 years ago

Brilliant! It looks like it's been there forever! It's gorgeous.