Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kentuckyhills

kitchen layout, already framing!

kentuckyhills
9 years ago

Our house is going up quickly and I need to finalize the kitchen while we are waiting on the trusses to be delivered. I am posting our original kitchen plan first. I am going to move the wall over one foot into the living room either way, but my main question is whether I should actually take that wall out altogether and have an island there instead (I will post that picture separately, since i don't know how to post multiples)

If you see any other ways to make our small kitchen more user-friendly, please chime in! We are a family of 5 (3 small boys, they do like to bake with me). I have gained a small pantry toward the garage (upper left of first photo, just out of view), so appliances and bulk can be stored in there.

I am concerned with the island idea that the dishwasher will be so far from all the storage, but you can't have everything I guess. I have also considered making the wall with the fridge like the link below, but without the paneled fridge (out of our budget). Maybe we can hide the microwave in there somewhere?

Also, I am undecided on the one level or bar height going into the living room, whether it is a peninsula OR an island. Any help would be appreciated!

Here is a link that might be useful: pantry/fridge wall

Comments (20)