Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kelleg69

more pictures of my new kitchen

kelleg69
14 years ago

Well, my life has settled down a bit. We moved into our new house two weeks ago. I have been cooking in my new kitchen and grilling outside on my new grill. Both are great. Here are a few more pictures and some details.

Appliances are all Thermador with exception of MW, which is GE, and DWs, which are Kitchenaid (there are two--one next to big sink and one next to prep sink). We really like the Thermador column fridge and freezer, though we have had the water in the ice dispenser go out twice. My new Therm ovens seem to bake really well.

My sinks are Kohler cast iron. I LOVE them. So far, they haven't marked up at all. The faucets are Moen and are from Lowe's.

Granite is Costa Esmerelda. I love it. The tile is Irongate by Meredith with a Jeffrey Court accent. Some people wanted closeups of this, so I included those.

Cabinets are custom made inset. I like them. The "feet" and inset doors take some getting used to. I did make the uppers deeper--15 inches. Highly recommend that.

I have a "hidden" pantry behind the doors next to the hutch. It is huge. Maybe I will take a picture of that at some point. It has been great.

I think that is it. Here are some pictures (the color is a bit washed out in most):

Hidden pantry behind these doors:

Thanks to all of you who answered my questions and gave suggestions. Gardenweb has been invaluable!!!!

Comments (39)

• jenocurley
    14 years ago

wow! totally gorgeous!

• plllog
    14 years ago

Congrats on the move! Kitchen is still gorgeous. ;)

• remodelfla
    14 years ago

It came out so beautiful! Must be so satisfying!

• megpie77
    14 years ago

Lucky you! New house and new kitchen! I LOVE your kitchen.

• gbsim1
    14 years ago

Beautiful! Really a classy, soothing space!

Can't wait to see pics of the hidden pantry!

Details please on the pendants, the little drawers by the tv, and the pullouts by the sinks.

• Patty C
    14 years ago

It's fantastic! Love the granite choice with the cabinets.

• judydel
    14 years ago

I don't know how I missed the first set of pictures. Just beautiful! Love the combination of open, glass and regular cabinets. Beautiful tile . . . looks great with the granite. Also love the chairs, may I ask what brand? Enjoy!

• lyno
    14 years ago

Such a beautiful kitchen, I just can't quit scrolling back up to look at the pictures! Congratulations on your new house and kitchen!!!

• elizpiz
    14 years ago

Kelleg, it looks so GREAT! Happy happy cooking in your beautiful new kitchen :-)

Eliz

• positano
    14 years ago

Gorgeous! The backsplash is amazing, you must be so happy to be in the house. I have Costa too and love it. Enjoy it all and thanks for sharing!

• redroze
    14 years ago

Gaa...holy backsplash!! What happened to your kitchen Kelleg? A few weeks ago it was beautiful but somehow it just got elevated to stunningly beautiful. Have the floors darkened or something? It looks great!! And the toekicks, pretty barstools and pillar detailing on the island is just divine. Like your blue and yellow accessories a lot too. I admire how you committed to a backsplash above your range...it just makes your kitchen. It really does.

• mamalynn
    14 years ago

It's all so beautiful! You have such a pleasing mix of different sized drawers and doors and of glass, solid door, and open shelves. Great job! And I'd love to see pics of that pantry, too.

• socalusa
    14 years ago

Just gorgeous. All of your choices are eye candy - nice balance of darks and lights and color. You should be very happy!

• shelayne
    14 years ago

Absolutely stunning. That is definitely a dream kitchen! I love everything! Your backsplash is really beautiful. I'd love to see inside pix of your hidden pantry.

Just fabulous! Congratulations and enjoy!

• prill
    14 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful! I love the backsplash - and everything else. Enjoy.

• kelleg69
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all for the nice comments. I really appreciate the kind words. As for some of the questions--the stools were on closeout at Pier 1. I did have them painted white. My kitchen table chairs are old--not sure of the brand. The pendants are Visual Comfort Chart House (one fun aside--I saw them in the showhouse in Southern Living this month!). The little drawers by the TV made sense b/c I didn't know how it would look to have the doors come all the way down (might have been better storage). Anyway, they hold napkins, matches, some dog stuff, etc. The pullouts on either side of the big sink are the trash/recycling on the left and the DW on the right. I will go get my camera and take some pictures of the pantry and post later today.

Again, thanks for the compliments. I value them b/c everyone here has such great taste!

• katieob
    14 years ago

Congrats! You must be loving it!
    It looks amazing-so spacious and bright.
    Enjoy!

• sandimccarron
    14 years ago

Just beautiful.
    Can someone explain to me how to post pictures ?

Thanks,
    Sandi

• marthavila
    14 years ago

What a sheer delight it must be to come into this glorious kitchen every morning and know this baby is yours! It really is a space that speaks of family, food, fun and finesse all at once! Congratulations!

• cininohio
    14 years ago

Wow, beautiful! You and your family will be so happy to spend time together in such a lovely space. Your stone is beautiful and that backsplash is ....ooooh la la! What a focal point. You must be so excited!

• rhome410
    14 years ago

Very nice. So much to love (windows and views, granite, special stove backsplash), but what I really notice is that your layout seems particularly awesome...Good zone separation with everything close to where it's needed, even if it needs to be accessible to 2 places (I hope that makes sense). Enjoy!

• becktheeng
    14 years ago

Love it....Especially the granite and the cooktop backsplash! Enjoy the new kitchen.

• kelleg69
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wow. Thanks. Rhome, I do like the layout. My old kitchen was a very similar layout, but a bit smaller. I like where I put the prep sink and do use it a lot when grabbing things out of the fridge (like I thought I would). Anyway, it has turned out better than expected in many ways.

I said I would post pix of the "secret" pantry. Here are some.

from outside the pantry:

to the right:

to the left:

I put about 12 inch deep shelving on back wall. Side walls (ends) have 18 inches on one side and 24 on the other. Walls to the left and right of entry are about 6 inches deep--for cans, etc.

• loemme
    14 years ago

I love your hidden pantry! Can you please tell me the measurements. Thank you. Good luck with your beautiful kitchen.

• monicakm_gw
    14 years ago

LOVELY!! I know you'll enjoy your fabulous new kitchen for years and years :) Good job!
    Monica

• crzyktchnlady
    14 years ago

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! The granite is spectaculous and the mural is so lovely. I especially love the little details like the shape of the island top and the way you brought the sink area forward to match the bump out of the window behind. Also the way the crown molding curves over that window and softens its corners. So many lovely elements. I wish I'd seen (and copied) some of these months ago! Congratulations!!

• alice462
    14 years ago

Just lovely -- so many pretty elements while obviously being well thought out and functional! Oh, and I definitely have "pantry envy"!

• kelvar
    14 years ago

Stunning! Very bright and cheerful. I am extremely envious of your pantry!

• cininohio
    14 years ago

All I can say about the pantry is: ENVY!

• cat_mom
    14 years ago

Beautiful job! Well thought out and executed. Another kitchen I'd love to hang out in!

I want to come steal your pantry, too!!! :-)

• ilovejah
    14 years ago

Beautiful kitchen. I love your Costa Esmerelda.

• rhome410
    14 years ago

Secret pantry: SOOOO COOL!!! You had me fooled.

• timber.j
    14 years ago

Beautiful! All of it! Jeffry Court tiles caught my eye at the tile store, and they make a wonderful accent in your kitchen!

Your pantry is so clever-I want one in my next kitchen...The kids think it would be a neat secret library/reading room too!

• rubyfig
    14 years ago

Pantry envy big time! Great kitchen!

• raehelen
    14 years ago

Wow!

I wanna secret pantry too! Mine under my stairs doesn't quite match up to yours! :>)

Lookin really good- though I bet it won't be long before shelves get filled up!

• kelleg69
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Timberj--your kids would really love my son's secret space--he has built-in bookshelves that open into a little "retreat." You would never know they were the door! My daughter has the same type of room, but the entrance is a dutch door with a doorbell. We did the same type of pantry doors in my laundry room to hide the entrance to some attic space over a guest room. My builder is kind of good with finding little spaces. The kids have loved hide and seek in this house!

Thanks again to all of you for your kind words.

• pharaoh
    14 years ago

Supremely beautiful. That stone is killer!!

• timber.j
    14 years ago

Sounds really cool, Kelleg! I've seen some secret rooms like those in some Parade of Homes houses. I think I am as drawn to them as my kids are. My dh is putting in a playhouse under the stairs, at least, but our next house will have to have a secret room or two. Enjoy your new kitchen!!!

• marthavila
    14 years ago

I gotta join the pantry-ogling bandwagon! Brilliant, beautiful move that!