Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bar sink - does it need a drain that closes?

Posted by joellen01 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 4, 13 at 21:34

For our wet bar I am putting in an egg-shaped vessel sink (Jocelyn from Signature Hardware ) that has a polished bronze interior and a dark bronze exterior. Probably going to use Delta 754LF Victorian open-channel faucet in Venetian Bronze. For a bar sink, do I actually need to be able to close the drain? The faucet does not come with a drain assembly and I can't see when I would actually use it in a bar sink. But I need something to finish off the drain opening. Delta does not seem to have a pop-up drain assembly for lavatory-sized sink drains in the Venetian Bronze finish. Since I have agonized over the faucet, I would like not to have to change my mind yet again.....
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bar sink - does it need a drain that closes?

My dad's bar sink has a wee strainer so things like cherries and lemon seeds don't go down the drain. It is not attached, it's kind of basket shaped with a little loop on it so you can pull it out.

Your bar sink sounds like it will be beautiful! When's Happy Hour LOL!

o

Search "drain covers" and when you come across the Linkasink line of cutesy ones, I just hope you can afford it when you fall in love. (I love the turtle one that I saw at a plumbing store over the weekend.)

Edit: Found a link to my turtle.

This post was edited by neitsdelf on Mon, Aug 5, 13 at 14:35

o

Thanks to both who responded. Neitsdelf, I LOVE the Linkasink drains!! this is a horse-themed bar so the horse head drain is perfect. Apparently the drain is a universal fit, while the cover just snaps on and off for cleaning - I was a bit anxious that it would not lie flat on the slightly curved bottom of the sink with the drain closed but if it not part of the sealing mechanism that this will not be an issue. And BTW, it is only twice as much as the Delta drain (i.e., about $60 more). Not much to pay for a big boost of style. Thanks, the gardenweb process has worked again, less than 24 hours later I have a solution!

o

Just a question about your installation. May I ask if you are lowering the height of the counter to accommodate the increased height of the vessel sink?

Kitchen and Bar Prep counters are usually 36" high, but to accommodate the vessel sink the counter would have to be lower to be comfortable using it..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here