Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Built in paper towel holder - is it possible w/o custom cabs?

Posted by Mgoblue85 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 20, 13 at 21:21

Has any one created a built in papertowel holder - similar to 2littlefishes - in semi custom or cabinets already in place? Is there anything more to take into consideration other than the opening needs to be bigger than the paper roll and supporting hardware? Seems like a normal drawer space would not work - unless I bought the real economy brand or whittle the roll to half.

I haven't yet ordered my cabinets and will likely go the semi-custom route, but if there is an option to create something like this I want to be all over it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Built in paper towel holder - is it possible w/o custom cabs?

We have a shallow, tiled open cabinet, to the right of our prep area on the island. Bottom half is used to store cutting boards. We've since added trim pieces at top and bottom to hide the tile line.

o

Thanks Oldbat - appreciate the photo. What size is your cabinet - is it a standard size? The tile is kinda cool and gives me some ideas...

o

I love that cabinet, oldbat : )

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here