Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laila619

Please help me decide between these two pulls...

laila619
10 years ago

Okay, there are technically three choices. I have major cabinet hardware indecision. My kitchen is transitional. Which of these three Amerock pulls do you prefer?

Option 1: Westerly: http://amerock.com/96mm-pull-westerly-for-1-bp53720g10.html

Option 2: Mulholland: http://amerock.com/96mm-pull-mulholland-for-1-bp53031g10.html

Option 3: (DH's pick) Revitalize: http://amerock.com/96mm-pull-revitalize-for-1-bp55344g10.html

Which will not be dated in twenty years? Which do you think looks nicer? Thank you!!

Comments (33)

• laila619
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Can anyone please help me make them clickable? Thanks so much!

• palimpsest
    10 years ago

Westerly

• palimpsest
    10 years ago

Mulholland

• palimpsest
    10 years ago

Revitalize

• palimpsest
    10 years ago

Any hardware will be dated in 20 years except a classic round knob of some sort.

The rectangular and T- knobs of all these collections will age fastest.

Of the pulls, I think I like 1) Westerly, 2) Revitalize, and 3) Mulholland in that order. I don't like the raised bit on the Mullholland or the finishes as much as the other finishes.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

I love the Revitalize. It is one that I considered.

• granjan
    10 years ago

I know this is not the way most of you decide but... How do they feel in your hand? I want a nice looking pull that feels good when I grab it!

• granjan
    10 years ago

I know this is not the way most of you decide but... How do they feel in your hand? I want a nice looking pull that feels good when I grab it!

• kksmama
    10 years ago

I like them all. I saw both Candler and Revitalize in model homes today - and liked Revitalize better because if felt better, which is unfortunate since I've already placed a sample order of Candler. Westerly looks very classic to me, Revitalize a little more formal.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

I like the Westerly and revitalize - but I would avoid square knobs as it is harder to keep them level.
    As others have said - it is important that they feel right - I ordered some samples from one company and I was sure they were going to be perfect and I hated the feel.

• Gracie
    10 years ago

I have Revitalize. I like that it's a little deeper than most pulls. My kitchen is transitional too.

• Vertise
    10 years ago

Hard to say which will look better in your kitchen. Which pieces are you considering in each set?

I think they will all be dated in 20 years, for one reason or another. Westerly and Mulnholland the most. The handles on all.

I like the Revitalize best, but they are kind of hard to see.

Think of the kitchen as a whole rather than just the knobs becoming dated. If you love them and they look like they belong, they will hold as long as your kitchen.

• jellytoast
    10 years ago

a2gemini, all of the square sample knobs that I have ordered have a little pin or two on the backside that will dig into the wood a bit and keep them from turning sideways.

How can you guys tell which knobs and pulls will be dated? I didn't know that was something to consider. Are there styles that are timeless?

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

I like revitalize best

• CEFreeman
    10 years ago

I'm not going to offer an opinion on the pulls, since they look so similar to each other. I know for myself, there will be a slight curve, or a small detail that screams "Ah HA!" and no one else can see it!

HOWEVER Let me please offer you some advice from an incredibly anal, symmetrically psychotic person. If you have square or the T knobs, if you are anything even remotely like me, you'll spend the rest of your life walking around straightening them.

You know how ledgend says a fairy can be stopped dead in his tracks if you throw rice or salt in front of them? They must stop to count every grain? Well.... I'd never get out of the kitchen.

• kksmama
    10 years ago

May_flowers, could you please post a picture, or three? Horizontal, vertical, long, short, profile, straight-on...well, whatever you can do :)

• palimpsest
    10 years ago

Made essentially like this for 200+ years:

• Gracie
    10 years ago

Kksmama, here's what I have, but you can't see much detail. DH is a photographer and he'll take some photos for you later.

Revitalize has that A HA! detail that Christine mentions. For me, it's that little "jog" on the corners that gives you some extra depth.

I can't remember if the square knob has "teeth", but they have stayed secure. I wasn't crazy about the knobs, but the round Revitalize knobs looked too traditional for me.

• kksmama
    10 years ago

Thanks, may_flowers! Do you remember what size those are? Did you use any other sizes? I think I'm using the Abernathy knobs, perhaps only on the uppers, but do worry about the "grip" as it would make me crazy to see them out of level. Samples are on their way.

I think there is a huge difference between how pulls look on sample boards and in pictures of them alone vs. how they look installed! The feel of the Candler seemed *fine* on sample boards, but the Revitalize was so much nicer IRL. And I'm thinking I like the installed look of Revitalize better too - though I still like the Candler to look at by itself.

What is your counter overhang, and does it work for you with those handles? (apologies to Laila619 if this is a threadjack and you didn't really love your dh's pick!).

• Gracie
    10 years ago

My pulls are all 5 1/2". I know they might have been sold by metric, but I don't know that measurement. The drawer stack shown is my largest at 27", and the trash pull-out and drawer shown are 13". I also have one on my 10" pantry pull-out. Photos to come of that.

My counter overhang is 1 1/4" and the pulls extend beyond that. I know some people have placed their pulls at the top of every drawer, but I don't know if overhang can interfere.

• jellytoast
    10 years ago

I did just receive some Amerock square samples and they do have the little grip point on the back to keep them from turning once they are installed.

I was disappointed with Amerock's "satin nickel" finish, though ... my samples arrived in pretty poor condition with a good deal of dings and scratches. And the finish itself appears to have a gloss coating that makes them very shiny (I'm not crazy about that). The weight of them feels nice, though.

• Gracie
    10 years ago

Revitalize in ORB.

• Gracie
    10 years ago

The cabs are natural cherry, in case anyone's wondering.

• laila619
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you everyone. I am only considering the pulls, not the knobs.

• meek95
    10 years ago

I have Revitalize pulls, including appliance pulls, and Emtek glass knobs. The pulls are very solid feeling and extend enough to get a good grip around them. I'm very happy with them, especially the appliance pulls.

• blfenton
    10 years ago

I have the Revitalize ones and really like them. I like them because the edges aren't hard, they are soft in your hands when pulling the drawers open.

I also like them because they have a high relief to them so that there is no worry of banging yours hands or knuckles on the drawers when opening them. I also think that they are pretty and when I found these ones I stopped looking.

I have the rectangular knobs on my cabinets. Although my kitchen is transitional the rectangular knobs are, for me, a little touch of contemporary, more so than the round knobs. But that's just me.

• laila619
    Original Author
    10 years ago

May_flowers and Meek95, your Revitalize pulls look great! Thanks for the pics. What size pulls are those in your photos? 128mm?

• kksmama
    10 years ago

Could I trouble those of you with these lovely Revitalize pulls for pictures from a little further back, in context with surrounding cabinets?

One of my issues is sizing; most of my drawers are 30 - 36" wide so I have to consider paying up for long ones or putting pairs on each drawer. I was sure I wanted Candler but the linked picture of them installed, and the feel in my hand, has caused me to re-evaluate. They seem "thick" looking, and when I used them at the model they were also less comfortable than Revitalize. When I opened drawers with Revitalize, my hand naturally fell so that my thumb was on the angled part - do you use them that way IRL?

Here is a link that might be useful: not a fan of this look!

• Gracie
    10 years ago

It's so much easier on you and the drawer glides to use one pull.

I'd use a bigger pull than the 5 1/2" for a 30" drawer. What's the next size up in Revitalize?

• kksmama
    10 years ago

Revitalize (and the other Amerock pulls I've considered) come up to 160mm centers (6 1/4") in prices less than $6, then they are 8", 12", 18" - with prices starting at $51! I have 8 30" drawers and 12 that are 36" so I need to be sure spending the extra money is really worth it.

May_flowers, your pulls and cherry are gorgeous! Is the horizontal one on a door a trash pullout? Meek95, I'd love to see more pictures of your kitchen. Blfenton, did you post a reveal?

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

I love the Revitalize pulls and the round knobs. I considered them but ended up with different pulls that I also love.

I love the way the Revitalize looks with your cherry cabs May_flowers. So very pretty.

Laila, I think all three are nice but the Revitalize is the clear winner to me. The Mulholland and Westerly, imo, have a more masculine feel.

• lmsscs
    10 years ago

I like the Westerly, followed by Revitalize.

• kksmama
    10 years ago

Wondering what you decided, Laila? I stayed with Candler, but still wonder if I should've gone with Revitalize. I love them in Meek95 and May_flowers pictures!

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor