Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice for kitchen remodel

Posted by cidrad (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 4, 12 at 21:15

Any suggestions for remodel of this kitchen would be appreciated. House is a territorial; was considering a mesquite wood for the island, but think it might be overwhelming. What about different granites? Too busy? Thanks for any advice - I am so confused over all the choices.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice for kitchen remodel

I think you could do a wood and plain perimeter like a simple quartz and do any type of cabs with that countertop combo-painted or wood.

o

First of all ... why do you think it needs remodeling or even redecorating?

What problems do you have when working in the kitchen do you think remodeling will solve?

o

Are you gutting the kitchen and redoing the layout or are you doing a cosmetic upgrade and just replacing counters and adding a backsplash.

o

Welcome - I think you're a newer name! :) Best advice I can give right now is, help us in helping you...

What "works" and "doesn't work" in your current kitchen?
What things do you like or dislike? What is the decor in the rest of your house like? What pictures of kitchens have you seen that you like the look? etc

You'll find a ton of help here, but it's easier if we have a bit of guidance to start since my preferences and tastes as well as the way we use our kitchen may be widely different from yours.

Also, you'll find that you can get a ton of advice here on FUNCTIONALITY of your kitchen if we know a bit about you and the people who are in your household. Do you cook a lot, bake a lot, 1 or multiple cooks, how many in the house, etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here