Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen paint

Posted by salves (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 4, 14 at 21:12

I am looking for a color for my kitchen and 2 foyers that jet off of the kitchen. They both have cathedral ceilings. The kitchen has a standard height ceiling. My cabinets are maple with black granite, island is a muted cranberry with carrera marble, oak floor. I was thinking along the lines of a greige. I thought I had found the color in BM Revere Pewter but it looks so light on my walls. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen paint

I'm in the same boat as you. I was also going to use Revere Pewter but seems way too light. I want something that shows up a little more.

o

I just used BM Chelsea Gray kitchen of our new home (med cherry cabinets and black granite) and I love it. We have a lot of natural light in there so could get away with the darker shade of gray. Highly recommend Chelsea gray- a very true gray.

o

The Chelsea Gray is very pretty. I am hoping to find something with a little more tan in it. I will keep the Chelsea Gray for another room. Thank you.

o

Take a look at BM Harbor gray; it has a tinge of beige/tan in it.

o

Try BM Ashley Gray-it was too dark a greige for us but might work for you. Paint big swatches on poster board leaving a white border at the edges. You can hang it in different areas and observe it under different lighting conditions before making the decision.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here