Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
holly_kurtz

Giving up ABB status

Holly- Kay
10 years ago

I lived without a backsplash tile to recuperate from remodel fatigue but decided last week it was time to move on. I am ordering my material tomorrow. It is Durango tumbled marble in 4 x 4 squares. Also my painter starts the kitchen on Friday. I am so ready to be done already and to post final reveal! Thanks to all who encouraged me along the way.

Comments (18)

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

Wow!! Good for you! I've been ABB for almost two years now but recently found a pratt and larson tile I really like. It may be the one. I need to post and get feedback. I can't wait to see how yours looks. Maybe you will inspire me to finish my kitchen. Go you!

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

Wow!! Good for you! I've been ABB for almost two years now but recently found a pratt and larson tile I really like. It may be the one. I need to post and get feedback. I can't wait to see how yours looks. Maybe you will inspire me to finish my kitchen. Go you!

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Breezy! I'm excited to get it installed!

I will be anxious to see what you choose. Pratt and Larson makes beautiful tiles. Please post pics!

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

Good news from both of you, yay! Look forward to seeing your choices and you know hopefully I'm happy to do any photo shopping for either of you:)

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the offer OB, the tumbled marble is very plain and has a bit of an Old World feel to it.

How is your living room coming along? Did you decide on the color combo for your tile yet?

• Vertise
    10 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful already. I'm sure the backsplash will only enhance it.

What does ABB mean? I keep seeing it around.

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

Sometimes we need a breather...all of the decisions that need to be made can completely wipe out your brain! Glad you took time to recharge and are ready to get to back on that redecorating horse! Go get em Holly :)

• angela12345
    10 years ago

ABB = all but backsplash

I'm still in the ABB club. Right ? I mean even though I picked my backsplash YEARS before we started construction and finished the house over 2 years ago and actually ordered & received the tile last spring. If I haven't had it installed yet, I am still a card-carrying member of the ABB Club ??

• angela12345
    10 years ago

Although, for breezy, does ABB mean all but backsplash or all but banquet ? ; )

• miruca
    10 years ago

So .. if you do not have a backsplash ... is there space between the counter and the wall or ?? Just thinking maybe I should nix the 2 in backsplash and let it go for a while ... and figure something else out.

How is the counter finished off against the wall?

• annkh_nd
    10 years ago

Congrats, Holly-Kay! I hope the delay makes the end result that much more satisfying.

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Snookums, I do love it. I actually like it more now than when it was first completed. I am anxious to post finished pics.

Angela it sounds like you are still a card carrying member of the ABB club.

Miruca, the granite goes the whole way to the wall the tiny space that doesn't totally meet is filled with a very fine line of caulk. They made 4 inch bs for me but I wanted the tile to meet the counter . I still had to pay for it though.

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

Angela--You ARE still ABB as long as you don't have tile on the wall. LOL on the banquette! I guess I'd be ABBB then.

OB2B--after school starts I plan to get some good pics of my tile sample in the kitchen and post them. I would so appreciate you showing off your amazing photoshop skills!

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Holly-Kay and breezy- so exciting. Both of your kitchens are gorgeous already and the backsplashes will be the Crown Jewels! Can't wait to see your choices and OB PS skills!

Angela- I think if you click your heels together3 times,your tiles will pop up on your walls. OK- maybe a bit of work as well.

Looking forward to 3 new members of the ABB club and breezy will become the new honorary chair!

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

• rkb21
    10 years ago

Oh, that's so exciting! I can't wat it see it!

I am finally almost done...I have some touch up painting left to do and then some finishing touches. It's great to be able to use my kitchen.

Post pics soon!

• gwlolo
    10 years ago

Really excited to see this!

Breezy - Pratt and Larson.. Let us see the beauties!

• AnnaA
    10 years ago

Breezygirl, I thought I may have missed your finale... Can't wait to see what you pick....hollyk too.

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm