Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Island wood counter is in!

Posted by meddam (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 21, 14 at 21:07

The island counter is in! I think it's cherry. Isn't that sad that I can't really remember? I'm just excited to have one flat surface...

I hope this photo posts in the right orientation- I don't trust this iPad anymore!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Island wood counter is in!

Gorgeous!

o

Beautiful! Congrats!

o

Beautiful! More progress pix when you have them!

o

Absolutely beautiful wood top. Entire Kitchen looks equally beautiful. Please keep posting pictures as you progress.

o

Beautiful wood top. I like the edge detail. Yes, post more progress pics.

o

Congrats! That's lovely.

o

That is gorgeous! I love the color and the edging. Very pretty!

o

So warm and rich! Just gorgeous!

o

Yummy! I second the request for more photos.

o

Thanks all! Progress will be slow now as we wait for the perimeter counters. Those should get installed after Labor Day. They are honed absolute black granite. Here's a pic of the pendant. I was originally going to go w/ Paxton pendants from Pottery Barn, but I decided they would be too big. These are by Minka Lavery.

o

Whoa! So pretty! And the pendant! And corner drawers! Cool!

Sorry for all the exclamation marks. I was kind of excited about it all. :)

o

lovely, and your cabs looks so nice too!

o

Oops duplicate

This post was edited by Swentastic on Fri, Aug 22, 14 at 14:25

o

Wow that's really pretty - I kinda want to lay my face on it.

And that pendant! I covet it. Well done :) I'm sorry I know I stepped in the middle of this but what are your perimeter counters going to be??

o

That is so beautiful!!! I wouldn't let anyone put anything on it...

o

Thanks all!

Swentastic, the perimeters will be absolute black granite, honed & enhanced. I like to pet the island counter too...

o

Oh man that's gonna be stunning! Can't wait to see it done I bet you're thrilled!

o

OOh, love the bubble glass, and of course the wood!

o

Omg..corner drawers...say what? I have two corners and wanted to do all drawers, but didn't think it was possible.
What cabinets do you have?

Okay sorry...that got me all excited.

That dark wood is smooth and amazing! The pendant is simple and elegant all in one.

o

Your wood counter is amazing…love the color. I am interested in your corner drawers also. How do you plan on using them?

o

OK, drawers first! I detest blind corners and am a big fan of lazy susans. I've never seen corner drawers. Are yours custom or available by special order or what?

The island countertop is absolutely stunning. I would never allow anyone to touch it, let alone set a glass on it! How are you supposed to keep it up?

One more Q: What is that brown color on your walls? I'm naming your kitchen "Chocolate and Cream"!

o

Great name TF!

New GW trend corner drawers!

o

fldirt & Terri - we were losing a drawer stack in the design, so rather than do a lazy susan, we decided to do corner drawers. They def aren't the most efficient use of space, but half the stuff I had in my old corner I would forget was there b/c it was so far back. Most of that stuff will go in the basement and the drawers will hold dishtowels, pot holders, saran wrap, tin foil, ziploc bags, etc.

Our cabinets are custom - by Prevo in Ephrata, PA. To either side of the corner cabs will be a spice rack pull out and then a cookie sheet pull out.

Not sure how I'll deal with the island, Tomatofreak. I like to think that I will embrace the patina and then get it refinished if it is too hard to embrace. If I had really thought about it, I would have had it distressed. I'm not sure what the color on the walls is since my husband painted them before we started dating, but Valspar makes almost a perfect match called Costal Villa. It is kind of like a brown/stone/green/putty kind of a color. I plan to reapaint with Costal Villa once everything is done.

o

Your wood counter is breathtaking, but I lol ed at MGMums excitement.

o

Love it!

o

Buggars...that's to far away...but hopefully it will catch on!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here