Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any farmhouse sink owners NOT have a forward projection/reveal?

Posted by Kitten1313 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 21, 13 at 21:05

I like the classic farmhouse sink front projection (maybe 2 inches out, with a flush or negative reveal on top), but my husband keeps looking at pictures saying "it just looks like it doesn't fit. it looks like someone bought too big of a sink."

Does just not understand or does he have a valid point? Has anyone done a flush farmhouse sink installation? Share pics if you can pls. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any farmhouse sink owners NOT have a forward projection/revea

Esthetics are personal, but in order to install flush, you might have to have room front to back and a flat front. I have two apron front sinks and one might be ok that way. The sides are too rounded on the other one. For me the biggest advantage to an apron front is that it does stick out providing better ergonomics. My favorite of the two sinks has a front that is only 1 inch thick.

o

They are mostly designed to sit forward in the sink base to show off their sides. If you're going to push it back, it might as well be a plain less expensive undermount sink. Plus, you'll get a lot more water dripping into your sink cabinet unless you install a stone drip rail underneath it that projects forward from the plane of the sink.

o

Thanks for the replies. I fully intend to have it sit forward, just curious if my husband was the only one that thought they looked funny and maybe installed it flush.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here