Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Darlington

Posted by hags00 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 31, 12 at 21:05

Cambria Darlington installed this week.

Very small, simple kitchen, in a small, casual house.

I like simple lines and a calm, casual look.

Darlington is actually the busiest counters I have ever done!

Not tiling a backsplash so I went with a trend setting 5" 1 cm Darlington splash.

Lots of details left to finish but progress is being made

From marguerite during

From marguerite during

Yup already have finger prints on the stainless and I haven't even taken the plastic all the way off!

From marguerite during

Truffle sink

From marguerite during

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Darlington

Looks real nice.
When do we get the complete reveal?

o

Looks great! I love your countertop with your cabinet color. The sink is awesome! Looks really nice with your faucet.

o

Ooooo, nice! Can't wait to see the rest! That faucet looks intriguing.

o

I really like it! It looks great with the truffle sink. I love my Silgranit super single - I bet you will too.

o

Thank you!

Reveal is weeks away. I am a DIYer and this house was a flooded foreclosure. I lost all kitchen, bath and laundry cabinetry, the lower 2' of drywall throughout, all interior doors, all base and door trim and 100% of the flooring to mold.

Kitchen is further ahead then the rest of the house because I wanted to run the dishwasher and sink plumbing through its paces to check for leaks before installing the Marmoleum and other flooring.

Wall paint is a true gray, funny how green it looks in the photos!

o

whewwwwwww.
Beautiful.
My kind of colors.
Clean, soft, clear.
Nice job.

o

The countertop and cabinet color combo is right on! So complimentary to each element. I so wanted the truffle siligranit sink but it didn't fit in my island. Lucky duck! Looks great! Keep up the good work! You're on a roll!

o

Just wondered how you decided to us a 5" splash instead of the typical 4"? I usually don't like the countertop splash but in your case it looks really sharp. Sink looks good with counter.

o

5" actually came from the template guy. I had some drywall damage from the old countersplash going up approximately 4" and he said, "a 4" should cover it but how about we go 5" just to make sure." So I said OK! There was a big thread about 4" backsplashes so my trendsetting crack was a tongue in cheek remark in reference to that!!

I like the 5" and I like it in Cambria because it is thinner material. I really like the Cambria or granite to form a full splash but that wasn't in the budget for this simple kitchen and I think it might have been awkward behind the sink. I have no window there so have a high wall cabinet above it (15 or 18" I can't remember) and then I have a floating shelf. So I am not sure where I would have ended the Cambria on the wall.

I see my drywall doing the wave down by that far outlet and switch past the sink, funny what you see in pictures and not in person!! Gotta add the repair of that to my punch list!

o

So calm....really nice job. I love all the light coming from your doors in the background.

o

I love it with the cabinet colours:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here