Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jessie21or2

faucet narrowed to 5. can anyone answer questions about them?

jessie21
15 years ago

The faucet choice is so hard!! I was hoping that I could tell you what I'm looking for and that some could clue me in on which of these fit the bill....or, just as importantly, which would not be good for me? I've looked at the specs and just don't find the answers I need there.

These are the faucets I like:

Kohler Simplice

Delta allura

Brizo venuto

Price Pfister Treviso

Kohler Vinnata

stuff I would like to have:

1. I'm looking for a pull down faucet that has a nice, solid button for the spray (not the flexible rubber ones). this is a big one for me.

2. it would be nice if you can engage the button and then it stays a spray, rather than having to hold the button in.

3. i like the idea of being able to adjust the water pressure/stream right on the head....is this what the PF faucet has and is there any other? any more explanation of this feature?

4. when you are finished with the spray head, i'd like it to dock securely and easily back where it belongs. magnetic? weight? screw it in?

I'd really appreciate any help you all can give me and pictures are always appreciated too!! thanks.

Comments (13)

• mcu12
    15 years ago

I have the Simplice and like it. The spray button feels pretty sturdy to me - it is actually a switch so it definitely will stay a spray unless you switch it back. I don't think I can adjust the pressure, but there is a button on the head that shuts off the stream completely when you hold it down. It seems to dock security, but I don't know if its magnetic - I just put it back in place and it stays there. Here is my main faucet, the top button turns off the water and the switch below it toggles to spray:

Hope that helps - I took forever selecting a faucet so I feel your pain!

• debbie_2008
    15 years ago

I have the Delta Allura and love it. You push the button for whatever you want and it stays on that (flow or spray) until pushed again. I like it on the flow and everyone else in the house seems to like the spray mode. It does frustrate me it is always on spray mode when I turn it on.

• debbie_2008
    15 years ago

I should add the allura is magnetic and stays in place. It is also weighted. The button is not rubber. I cannot adjust the pressure at the head. That would be a nice feature but I never thought of it...didn't even know it existed.

• jessie21
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thank you mcu and debbie!

mcu, it really is such a hard choice...but then, i have had a heck of a time choosing a sink and a countertop too! your description and photos really help, thanks for posting.

debbie, i would bet that my husband and i will have the same problem. sort of like lights on or off, windows open or closed....we always have a different idea! the allura's magnetic docking seems really good to me, maybe even better than the flow adjustment on the head. thanks.

anyone else?

• bservaites
    15 years ago

We installed the PP Treviso and are generally happy. We got it through the Ebay store, Faucet Discounters for a great price. Drawbacks with our faucet are that the pullout does not always stay seated, and it does drip. The seller said he could send parts to try to fix these. But, (I really like the pulldown features and the look.
    I'm looking for a pull down faucet that has a nice, solid button for the spray (not the flexible rubber ones) The Treviso does have a rubber button, but it's not "Flexible" or squishy.
    (2. it would be nice if you can engage the button and then it stays a spray, rather than having to hold the button in.) The Treviso has this feature.

(3. i like the idea of being able to adjust the water pressure/stream right on the head....is this what the PF faucet has and is there any other? any more explanation of this feature? ) The Treviso has this as well - it's a slide button on the faucet head that changes the flow from heavy to spray and it stays in that mode whether pulled out or docked.

)4. when you are finished with the spray head, i'd like it to dock securely and easily back where it belongs. magnetic? weight? screw it in? ) Treviso is magnetic, and as I said earlier - we are having issues with ours staying docked. It does not come all the way out, just a little when the water is first turned on, the pressure seems to pull it down. There is a weight on the nozzle, that we are going to tweak to remedy.

• kkupstate
    15 years ago

we too have the simplice and I love it. Features work super - love that the spray stays on when selecting and also really love that if you push the top button the water flow stops. That is great for filling up stuff outside of the sink or moving between sinks for me and not getting the divider all wet. OK, that is a small problem to have, but I like that feature. I got mine in vibrant stainless (I think that is what it is called) and it matches well with my appliances.

Here's a pic

Now what I don't love, and can't believe I didn't put more thought into it is the hole placement for all 4 items around the sink. I somehow figured it would be the same as I used to have it and my RO faucet would be clear all the way to the left away from everything else. Alas, I didn't think to specify that more when dealing with granite guy (why? must have had a brain freeze then?). So it is ok but I would have preferred a slightly different layout. Bottom line, don't forget that little detail!

HTH!

• jwm211
    15 years ago

kkupstate - I'm getting ready to make the hole placement decision soon and wonder what you would do differently and why.

• Buehl
    15 years ago

I have the Kohler Vinnata and I love it. However, as you probably know from your research, it does have the rubber button. It has not been a problem. In fact, it's been easier to keep clean than our old faucet that had a hard plastic switch....gunk would occasionally get in the nooks & crannies around the switch....this has not been an issue at all with our Vinnata. So, in answer to your questions:

1. See above

2. The water locks in whatever mode you set it...spray or stream

3. The water flow adjustment is not on the head, it's on the handle attached to the faucet (flexible...handle can be mounted on the left, right, or in front...depending on your preferences)

4. The Vinnata is weighted and it docks securely if you give it nudge. If you don't it hangs....which I like since it doesn't go flying up (with water going all over if still on) to dock if I let go and it stays where I put it for water flow.

Another thing I like about my faucet is that the faucet head turns (and stays that way) while docked and I can direct the water at slightly different angles, depending on how it's turned...allowing me to direct the water at different places in the sink that normally wouldn't be accessible when docked.

Here are some pictures:

HTH!

• ljsandler
    15 years ago

Ditto buehl--I LOVE my Vinnata faucet. Here's a pic of mine:

• chrissiemw
    15 years ago

I have the Treviso as well and don't have any problems at all with mine.

1. I'm looking for a pull down faucet that has a nice, solid button for the spray (not the flexible rubber ones). this is a big one for me.
    I know a previous poster said theirs is rubber and I had to double check mine, it is definitely a hard black plastic. I also got mine from Faucet Direct on ebay. If you decide to go that route you may want to ask them about the faucet they will be sending you.

2. it would be nice if you can engage the button and then it stays a spray, rather than having to hold the button in.
    Mine stays in the mode you put it in. When you turn the water off however, it goes back to the default setting which is stream. The slide adjustment to control the pressure on the stream stays put though which is nice.

3. i like the idea of being able to adjust the water pressure/stream right on the head....is this what the PF faucet has and is there any other? any more explanation of this feature?
    The only time I use this feature is when I have it in spray mode...then I put it on full blast, makes cleaning dishes off easier. I do like the feature though and it was a selling point for me.

4. when you are finished with the spray head, i'd like it to dock securely and easily back where it belongs. magnetic? weight? screw it in?
    Mine is magnetic and I haven't had any issue with it not staying in place as the previous poster stated.

Overall I'd definitely buy the faucet again. I have had no issues with leaks, the spray head not staying put or anything of that nature.

I will caution you to make sure they set the faucet up correctly BEFORE they drill the holes. I gave the faucet to my fabricator and he didn't use the ring at the bottom of the base when he checked for clearance. When we installed the faucet it was too high so we had to do without the ring at the base. It doesn't effect the function so I've learned to love it as it is.

Good luck...for some reason choosing a faucet was a hard decision for me!

• kkupstate
    15 years ago

jwm211: I would have put the filtered water faucet way over to the left away from soap dispenser, faucet and faucet handle. It all seems too crowded to me where it is now!

In general, my granite guy was hard to work with regarding sink cut-out (reveal). But I was tired of looking around, liked his granite and went with it. In the end we love the look and no one would know but me, but it still bothers me a little bit!

• jessie21
    Original Author
    15 years ago

buehl, thanks so much for those detailed photos! i swear i must have read your description of that tilt feature on your faucet, but seeing it in action really helps. it's impressive! you also bring up a point i hadn't thought of. that is, the fact that it "stays put" wherever you place it. so, you mean i could bring the head down close to the sink and let it go and it will stay (assuming water pressure isn't up to the max)? that would be good too!

chrissie and debbie, do your working magnetic docking systems yank the head back, or is it just a matter of a nice last moment sync-up? can you let the working head hang in the sink a bit before choosing to dock it?

Islander, thanks for the beautiful closeup!

• chrissiemw
    15 years ago

"do your working magnetic docking systems yank the head back, or is it just a matter of a nice last moment sync-up? can you let the working head hang in the sink a bit before choosing to dock it?"

It's a last moment sync-up. I often do let the head hang in the sink...or If I have to fill a pot I'll place the head in the pot on the counter and fill it that way (less distance to lift the pot).

I've never had a problem with the head not making contact either. It stays in place when I reattach it back to the neck.