Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cabinets delivered!

Posted by meddam (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 15, 14 at 20:55

My cabinets were delivered yesterday! I'm so excited. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning - which I'm sure everyone here can appreciate! Install starts Monday & templating will happen on Tues. Yay!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cabinets delivered!

Congrats! I'll be looking forward to seeing your photos of a finished kitchen soon.

o

I am so excited for you!! Mine arrived yesterday, too! It felt like Christmas!!

o

Thanks guys. I'm hoping that I'll be ABB in about 3 weeks. How I miss having a sink and dishwasher....

o

Congratulations! That is so exciting.

o

Very happy for you. And it looks like things are really ready to rock on Monday. You are good to go! Congrats.

o

meddam, congrats on the cabinets. What brand did you go with?

o

They are custom by a company called Prevo, up in Ephrata, PA. I visited their manufacturing facility with my kitchen guy & talked to the owner back in the spring. Super nice & the cabinets they were making looked great (as do mine!)

o

Wow, you work fast! Cabs already looked installed. Love the wall color, what is it? It looks perfect in your space.

o

Meddam, what paint color and brand did you use on the cabinets? They look so nice! I can't wait to see your finished kitchen!

o

Thanks Mags. That's the original color & I thought about going lighter, but I might keep it since things are significantly lighter with the white cabs& extra lights. If I stick with it, then I'll prob do white subway tile (originally planned to do a light green). I happened to bring home a swatch that's almost an exact match (since my husband def doesn't remember what color paint he used before we met- lol) - Coastal Villa by Valspar.

Lynn- it's called Snow, but I'm not sure what brand of paint they use. It's a nice crisp white.

Below is what I started with. I donated cabs and counters to Habitat ReStore. They weren't terrible cabinets so maybe they'll find a happy home.

o

Meddam, thank you for letting me know that the paint color is called snow.

I wonder if Habitat Restore would want my cabinets?

o

I just kind of assumed that they would take them - my kitchen guy called them and coordinated bringing them over. I think they pick up as well, but that can take a long time. I also gave them old interior brass door knobs, the old light fixtures and the hood. So satisfying to get rid of stuff & hope it finds a new home!

I'm curious - are my pics showing up rotated for others? It looks find on my iPad, but not on my computer. So confusing! I'm going to attempt to post another, but from my computer this time. Let's see what it looks like...

o

Hmmm. That worked fine. Guess I should always post pics from the computer!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here