Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meddam_gw

Cabinets delivered!

meddam
9 years ago

My cabinets were delivered yesterday! I'm so excited. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning - which I'm sure everyone here can appreciate! Install starts Monday & templating will happen on Tues. Yay!

Comments (13)

• athomesewing
    9 years ago

Congrats! I'll be looking forward to seeing your photos of a finished kitchen soon.

• robynstamps
    9 years ago

I am so excited for you!! Mine arrived yesterday, too! It felt like Christmas!!

• meddam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks guys. I'm hoping that I'll be ABB in about 3 weeks. How I miss having a sink and dishwasher....

• joygreenwald
    9 years ago

Congratulations! That is so exciting.

• brightm
    9 years ago

Very happy for you. And it looks like things are really ready to rock on Monday. You are good to go! Congrats.

• aries61
    9 years ago

meddam, congrats on the cabinets. What brand did you go with?

• meddam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

They are custom by a company called Prevo, up in Ephrata, PA. I visited their manufacturing facility with my kitchen guy & talked to the owner back in the spring. Super nice & the cabinets they were making looked great (as do mine!)

• Mags438
    9 years ago

Wow, you work fast! Cabs already looked installed. Love the wall color, what is it? It looks perfect in your space.

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

Meddam, what paint color and brand did you use on the cabinets? They look so nice! I can't wait to see your finished kitchen!

• meddam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Mags. That's the original color & I thought about going lighter, but I might keep it since things are significantly lighter with the white cabs& extra lights. If I stick with it, then I'll prob do white subway tile (originally planned to do a light green). I happened to bring home a swatch that's almost an exact match (since my husband def doesn't remember what color paint he used before we met- lol) - Coastal Villa by Valspar.

Lynn- it's called Snow, but I'm not sure what brand of paint they use. It's a nice crisp white.

Below is what I started with. I donated cabs and counters to Habitat ReStore. They weren't terrible cabinets so maybe they'll find a happy home.

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

Meddam, thank you for letting me know that the paint color is called snow.

I wonder if Habitat Restore would want my cabinets?

• meddam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I just kind of assumed that they would take them - my kitchen guy called them and coordinated bringing them over. I think they pick up as well, but that can take a long time. I also gave them old interior brass door knobs, the old light fixtures and the hood. So satisfying to get rid of stuff & hope it finds a new home!

I'm curious - are my pics showing up rotated for others? It looks find on my iPad, but not on my computer. So confusing! I'm going to attempt to post another, but from my computer this time. Let's see what it looks like...

• meddam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hmmm. That worked fine. Guess I should always post pics from the computer!

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz