Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jawrig2292_gw

Picking quartz to go with oak

JAWRIG2292
9 years ago

I am having a heck of a time picking a quartz countertop design/color to replace the countertops. I will be replacing all appliances to stainless steel, replacing countertops and backsplash but I want to keep the cabinets as is. What colors of countertop and backsplash would go good? I have some ideas, but not sure if they would work. Suggestions? I'm at my wit's end.

Comments (17)

• JAWRIG2292
    Original Author
    9 years ago

option 2. Any other suggestions are welcome with other patterns and types of quartz and backsplash. Keep in mind all appliances will be stainless steel.

This post was edited by JAWRIG2292 on Mon, Aug 4, 14 at 20:58

• JAWRIG2292
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I forgot to mention the cabinets are staying.

• Terri_PacNW
    9 years ago

What colors do you want to add for "punch"?

My friend has cabinets pretty close to your and they did a darker grey counter and put up a blue grey wall color. The back splash she picked but haven't installed is like your second but with a bit more obvious blu to it.

I'd say your #2 mock up works for me.

• badgergal
    9 years ago

I think a midtone to dark tone quartz would look richer and classier with your golden oak cabinets. The ones you show is your post just seem a little "blah" to me.
    I don't have backsplash suggestions at this time because I think you should wait until your countertops are installed and then look at tile samples in real life I stead of from an image on a website.
    Here are a few quartz colors that I think would look great with the oak. Maybe you can post pictures of these side by side with your cabinet color.

Cambria Kensington

Cambria Southhampton

Cambria Bradford

Cambria Canterbury

Cambria Buckingham

• Gracie
    9 years ago

I like the first backsplash because it's not too modern for oak and it's not too common. Is it ceramic? A good choice with oak. I'd pick out one of the darker tile colors and match it up with a solid or lightly patterned quartz. Both backsplashes are busy, and the oak grain is another strong pattern. You don't want your eyes swirling all over the place trying to take it all in.

I remember seeing your kitchen awhile back. Are you able to rearrange your cabs and move the stove to the sink wall? It would make life so much easier.

• tinker1121
    9 years ago

I put this together with the Kennsington and Southhampton Cambria quartz. Both are nice and with one can play up the green

• tinker1121
    9 years ago

Saved this pic along the way when doing my kitchen and LOVE the olive green tones with the golden oak cabinets. It is dark and rich if you have enough light to pull it off.

How about painting just the island the color of the range hood?

(Love the granite on the island!)

This post was edited by tinker1121 on Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 5:54

• vutaikt
    9 years ago

nice pic

Here is a link that might be useful: Truyá»n hình An Viên

• CEFreeman
    9 years ago

Oh, I'm with Badgergirl.
    The grays you're considering have no character with the gold of the oak. Your cabinets are in great shape and could use something to compliment them.

I actually like the 1st 3 badgergirl displayed.

I also love the olive-y tones with the oak cabinets. It softens the color.

• tuesday_2008
    9 years ago

I love the first three that badgergirl picked. The dark colors will make the oak look "richer" The third one is an interesting looking piece.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    9 years ago

I am more inclined toward a quieter, softer counter color than the strong black/golds. There was another thread just this last week that had some lovely pale green/gray stones. I think any white with greenish/olive undertones will work too.

Agree with Tinker, the color of that hood is smashing with the oak! It would be pretty on the island

• Bunny
    9 years ago

I love a deep rich gray with warm oak. If it has green undertones, it's also okay, but gray (not a pale gray) helps temper the gold in the oak.

• carolt924
    9 years ago

I think any of the first three quartz options posted by badgergal, depending on which way you wanted go with wall color. I agree about painting the island, and would be a nice update to the room.

• Grace76
    9 years ago

I love your oak kitchen however it appears to not have much natural light. So if it was my kitchen I would stay with lighter color choices for the backsplash and counter, ones that are not too much darker than what you have now. Especially since you will be going with stainless appliances. You could accessorize with darker or more vibrant colors.

• RenovatingMrs14
    9 years ago

I really like option #2!

• akl_vdb
    9 years ago

My parents did this, they used Cambria caerphilly green. It looks awesome. Not green enough to appear green, but green enough so that it's like a softer black. And the speckles go with the oak. It looks great.

Here is a link that might be useful: caerphilly green