Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Picking quartz to go with oak

Posted by JAWRIG2292 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 4, 14 at 20:52

I am having a heck of a time picking a quartz countertop design/color to replace the countertops. I will be replacing all appliances to stainless steel, replacing countertops and backsplash but I want to keep the cabinets as is. What colors of countertop and backsplash would go good? I have some ideas, but not sure if they would work. Suggestions? I'm at my wit's end.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Picking quartz to go with oak

Option 1

o

option 2. Any other suggestions are welcome with other patterns and types of quartz and backsplash. Keep in mind all appliances will be stainless steel.

This post was edited by JAWRIG2292 on Mon, Aug 4, 14 at 20:58

o

I forgot to mention the cabinets are staying.

o

What colors do you want to add for "punch"?

My friend has cabinets pretty close to your and they did a darker grey counter and put up a blue grey wall color. The back splash she picked but haven't installed is like your second but with a bit more obvious blu to it.

I'd say your #2 mock up works for me.

o

I think a midtone to dark tone quartz would look richer and classier with your golden oak cabinets. The ones you show is your post just seem a little "blah" to me.
I don't have backsplash suggestions at this time because I think you should wait until your countertops are installed and then look at tile samples in real life I stead of from an image on a website.
Here are a few quartz colors that I think would look great with the oak. Maybe you can post pictures of these side by side with your cabinet color.

Cambria Kensington
Cambria Kensington

Cambria Southhampton
Cambria Southhampton

Cambria Bradford
Cambria Bradford

Cambria Canterbury
Cambria Canterbury

Cambria Buckingham

o

I like the first backsplash because it's not too modern for oak and it's not too common. Is it ceramic? A good choice with oak. I'd pick out one of the darker tile colors and match it up with a solid or lightly patterned quartz. Both backsplashes are busy, and the oak grain is another strong pattern. You don't want your eyes swirling all over the place trying to take it all in.

I remember seeing your kitchen awhile back. Are you able to rearrange your cabs and move the stove to the sink wall? It would make life so much easier.

o

I put this together with the Kennsington and Southhampton Cambria quartz. Both are nice and with one can play up the green

o

Saved this pic along the way when doing my kitchen and LOVE the olive green tones with the golden oak cabinets. It is dark and rich if you have enough light to pull it off.

How about painting just the island the color of the range hood?

(Love the granite on the island!)

This post was edited by tinker1121 on Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 5:54

o

nice pic

Here is a link that might be useful: Truyền hình An Viên

o

Oh, I'm with Badgergirl.
The grays you're considering have no character with the gold of the oak. Your cabinets are in great shape and could use something to compliment them.

I actually like the 1st 3 badgergirl displayed.

I also love the olive-y tones with the oak cabinets. It softens the color.

o

I love the first three that badgergirl picked. The dark colors will make the oak look "richer" The third one is an interesting looking piece.

o

I am more inclined toward a quieter, softer counter color than the strong black/golds. There was another thread just this last week that had some lovely pale green/gray stones. I think any white with greenish/olive undertones will work too.

Agree with Tinker, the color of that hood is smashing with the oak! It would be pretty on the island

o

I love a deep rich gray with warm oak. If it has green undertones, it's also okay, but gray (not a pale gray) helps temper the gold in the oak.

o

I think any of the first three quartz options posted by badgergal, depending on which way you wanted go with wall color. I agree about painting the island, and would be a nice update to the room.

o

I love your oak kitchen however it appears to not have much natural light. So if it was my kitchen I would stay with lighter color choices for the backsplash and counter, ones that are not too much darker than what you have now. Especially since you will be going with stainless appliances. You could accessorize with darker or more vibrant colors.

o

I really like option #2!

o

My parents did this, they used Cambria caerphilly green. It looks awesome. Not green enough to appear green, but green enough so that it's like a softer black. And the speckles go with the oak. It looks great.

Here is a link that might be useful: caerphilly green

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here