Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amela_gw

PHOTOS: Soapstone Saga

amela
12 years ago

I thought I would post some photos of our soapstone journey so that others completely naive to the process might know what to expect during the process. Our soapstone was installed and then immediately protectively covered. I cannot wait for the reveal and posting this helps with the waiting!

We found Green Mountain Original at the second yard we went to but there was only one slab that we liked. As another shipment was expected within a month, we had time and were happy to wait.

Went to a third yard, just to rule out their SS and to prove we should wait for more GMO, and we fell in love with Belvedere. I actually got tears in my eyes.

We were told Belvedere darkens with time and went back the second day to confirm and to oil the rest of the slab.

Thanks to all the wonderful people here, I knew to MARK my slab and take proof of ownership. And to take a sample home and abuse it. I also put spaghetti sauce, vinegar, and wine on it for 24 hours and pounded it with everything I could think of.

Day of Templating: After measurements at our house, we joined them back at the yard for templating. These guys were absolute perfectionists and we didn't even have to be there other than to say which areas were our favorites.

Day of delivery entailed some onsite cuts and 7 workers to bring in and install.

Beautiful unoiled runnels that I love and asked for thanks to the incredible people on this site.

If all goes well, I will be able to post finished photos by next week!

Amy

Comments (13)