Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kiwigem_gw

INDUCTION wars: Electrolux freestanding or Bosch slide in?

Kiwigem
9 years ago

Hi everyone!
I posted this over in the appliances forum, but this one seems to get a lot more traffic, so I hope no one objects to the double post.
We have our induction range choice down to the Electrolux freestanding (I think the slide-in is funny looking) and Bosch Benchmark slide-in. Big price difference, but they both fit in the budget. Oven size is better on the Electrolux. I also think I might prefer the hob arrangement on the E'lux, but I have not been able to see them in person to verify that. Bosch is 10X prettier and would look great in the pared-down Scandinavian style kitchen we are planning.
What would you do?
:-)

Comments (6)

• califkitchen
    9 years ago

I can't comment specifically on the ranges. However we redid our kitchen about 3'years ago and replaced our appliances...one of which was a Bosch. We have had nothing but issues with that appliance.....but what really, really irks me is how absolutely horrendous I have found their customer service to be. I would never, ever buy anything made by them again. If I can save at least one person the aggravation we have gone through.......

• Kiwigem
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh gosh I am so sorry to hear that! Thank you for the heads up!

• amck2
    9 years ago

I've no experience w/ a Bosch range but I went w/ the Electrolux - funny looking ;) - slide-in. I researched ranges for nearly 2 yrs. when my dual fuel pro range began to fail. Having had problems with servicing with such a costly appliance, reliability was a big factor in my decision.

On this, the Appliance and Cooking forums I heard much praise for the Elux. induction ranges from people who'd had them for some time. One person lost hers in Hurricane Sandy and couldn't wait to replace it. Another wrote that she was selling the high end gas range that was in place in the new home she was moving to and buying another Elux induction.

We host all the big holidays, so a good size oven was important to me. I'm hoping I can offer positive firsthand reviews when I start using mine.

• Dany
    9 years ago

We have an Electrolux free standing induction range and we love it. We bought it before we took possession as it was a floor model in perfect condition, on sale for 50% off. Only had it for 9 months and (knock on wood) haven't had any issues with it and we cook every day and use the oven about twice a month but only because there's only 2 of us and we have a Breville Smart Oven which we use more for the small meals(baking, roasting, pizzas, etc) but the times when I've used the Electrolux it has worked perfectly.

I actually liked the look of the slide in Electrolux but my house is a spec house and the builder did not allow for a slide in.

• Kiwigem
    Original Author
    9 years ago

amck, I look forward to your reviews! I can't help but wonder if I would like the looks of the E'lux slide-in better IRL. The part I wonder about is the curved front, but that sort of thing sometimes looks exaggerated in pictures.

• Kiwigem
    Original Author
    9 years ago

danysedai, thanks for giving me confidence!