Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question for anyone with a Wood Hollow Knife block

Posted by mdm144 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 22, 14 at 20:37

For anyone that has one of the custom Wood Hollow maple knife blocks, I have two questions:

1. What is the interior width of your drawer and how many knife slots do you have?

2. How high is your largest knife (or 10" chef's knife if you have one) when sitting in the block?

I have two possible drawers I could use for knife storage. One is 7 3/8" wide and the other is 13 3/8". Both are 2 3/4" deep. I'd prefer to use the smaller one, but I need to know if it will fit all of my prep knives and if I'll have the clearance.

I have the same question out to Wood Hollow, but I figured I'd toss it out here and see if I can get a quicker response.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question for anyone with a Wood Hollow Knife block

I haven't go the measurements handy but the slots are not quite wide enough for my biggest knives. They fit but don't slot all the way down. My 10" chef sits up a bit. I should have asked them to make one or two slots a bit wider.

o

Thanks, that's good to know. Do you happen to know what brand your 10" knife is?

o

It's a Henckels

o

I have 2 knife blocks. This one is 12.75". I prefer the other one, which is 9.75".

o

I like this one better. It fits all my knives.

o

Measured and the interior width of this drawer is 13". There are three knives I own which are not in here and one I am saving up to buy so it will be full at that point.

o

Perfect, thanks! Looks like I'll be able to use the smaller drawer if I give up one of my hardly ever used knives.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here