Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It only took 30hours!!! but we're 1 step closer to completion

Posted by huango (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 3, 13 at 20:35

SOOOOO excited!
It only took ~30hours but my knife drawer is finally done!!!

(Well, not all done. Still need to paint the unfinished wood but that's INside the door, so you can't tell when the door is shut).

Reminder: We renovated our kitchen, familyroom, and keeping room for 6months, then took a 6month break due to renovation exhaustion.
Just toe kicks, TV cabinet doors, touch-up paint, buy 7 upper cabinet knobs, and decoration to be done.

--> Will we be done before the 1 year anniversary of demo (on Sept 14)?

Thanks for letting me share my excitement.
None of my real life friends understand. :)

Amanda

Sorry no finished pictures, but here's a sneak peak (sorry for poor quality, taken w/ phone):

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It only took 30hours!!! but we're 1 step closer to completion

Now that's just cruel, to post such a teaser of what is obviously a beautiful space ;-) Can't wait to see the rest!

o

That is so beautiful!... I love everything about this space...I especially love the lights

o

Beautiful!

o

Love those windows - but not fair to take a picture that leaves us in suspense!

o

Tease! Looks great! Do you love having the faucet handle in the front as much as I do? Even DH hasn't figured out how to make a mess yet! Makes me smile and think if GW every time :-)

o

Oh my, that is so beautiful!!! Wow, wow, wow. Love those lights and counters especially.

o

Looks like a beautiful space. I can't wait to see your finished pictures !!!

o

That fabulous long counter run - I sigh in appreciation every time I see it :) I know what you mean about real friends not understanding. I was very much taken aback when one of my best friends had no interest in the tour, the first time she came over. As a reminder, I'm on the North Shore of Boston and I'm on vacation this coming week; would love to come see your fabulous kitchen if the offer still stands and it's convenient for you. PM me if you would like to try to arrange something. Best, oldbat2be

o

That is stunning! Love all the windows and the sconces are to die for! GORGEOUS!!!!! I want to see more!

o

It looks like those lights were created specifically for your counters and cabinets, SO perfect!

o

I would also like to see a close up of the lights. It looks beautiful in there!

o

I like the pulls; what are they?

o

That's really gorgeous.

But it all pales in the face of that happy, excited smile. Perfect accessory for a really beautiful kitchen. It wouldn't be the same without it.

o

So true. You're the perfect accessory for that wonderful work counter. I love what you're doing.

o

Gorgeous so far!

o
thank you very much!

Oh thank you everyone for your kind/generous words.

I didn’t mean to tease with just 1 picture, but I am sure that I would have gotten more posts asking for at least 1 picture. 
The picture was taken by my friend’s phone for whom I was making dinner (shrimp/marinated artichoke hearts in a garlic/capers/white wine sauce).
Enjoying the nice company and good glass of wine = nice big smile.

Dbfirewife/taggie/aktillery/kksmama/deedles: about the sconces:
- need to give AOKAT’s a shoutout for the inspiration from her beautiful kitchen)
- Ugh: Thank you, and yes, I do love those sconces “like those lights were created specifically for your counters and cabinets”. BUT I will never get them again. The quality control of these sconces was horrific. I had to go through 9-10 sconces to get these 4 because they were so incredibly flawed. I think that is why they no longer sell them. LampsPlus were ok w/ the returns etc.

Williamsem: Handle in the front = much less splashing.
“makes me smile and think of GW”: oh, I have so many things to be thankful for with Gardenweb. Everyone has been AMAZING!!!

Olbat2be: That’s why: YES, my offer for a tour for anyone nearby is definitely open.
I will PM you and we can set it up.

“friend had no interest in the tour”: FUNNY! I get rather taken back also when my friends (who have not seen the kitchen) just say “Nice”, and then move onto enjoying their drink or sitting down and start yakking about a blouse they just purchased or something. Like that blouse is important?!?! What about my use of my 4” filler (for my cutting board)? Or what about how my beloved Vitamix easily slides away when I’m done w/ it? Don’t you want to know about my spice jars?
HAHHAHHAHAAA.

Bookworm: pulls = Ikea Varde, w/out the little round “rosette”. I wanted something simple, quiet, and doesn’t catch on my clothing, so these were perfect for us.
Now finding the right crystal knobs for my only 5 upper cabinets are another thing. Oy!

Again, thank you very much: for the compliments and mostly, for all your help in so many things. I’ve learned so much from GW. My kitchen would have never been as fantastic if it weren’t for GW.
I often feel bad for people who discovered GW late in their renovation/design process. I’ve been on GW for ?7years, so when we started down this road for this kitchen/renovation, I was ready. I had my tools/know-how ready to go. And if I didn’t, I knew where to ask! 

Amanda

o

Like that blouse is important?!?! What about my use of my 4” filler (for my cutting board)?

LOL. I agree completely! The teaser pic is stunning. More, please.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who wonders why others aren't as excited about my kitchen as I am. That's why I still hang around here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here