Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Getting there!

Posted by drbeanie2000 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 20:34

Chose the parts of our Van Gogh slab that will be the island (left) and the 48"x32" backsplash (right). The picture doesn't show it, but we have quite a bit left to the right of the backsplash piece - enough for a coffee table (in the adjoining sunroom) we think!!!

photo (1)

We chose this slab in January or February (I don't remember which!), so it's been a long time coming...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Getting there!

My goodness, that's pretty!

o

Stunning!

o

Should be called Blue Beauty - amazing!

o

It sure does look like Van Gogh's Starry Night. Very pretty.

o

Oh I remember when you found that slab! I hope you find a way to use every single inch of it because it is GORGEOUS!!

o

That's how a lovely dramatic stone like that should be used - it big swathes, so you can see the gorgeous pattern!

o

Ahhh, your slab still makes my heart go pitter-patter! (I confess that I'm a slab stalker -- I visit it every now and then in my clippings.) I'm glad to see things are progressing for you and look forward to seeing your countertop/art installed!!

o

The first time I came across Van Gogh granite I thought it was amazing. Seeing your slab confirms my first impression. Can't wait to see it installed in your kitchen.

o
Finally and at last

Van Gogh installed! Not the best picture but you get the idea!

Yay!

o

wow!

o

That is beyond gorgeous. and I love your cabinets too.

o

Wow. That is stunning! Love the cabs also.

o

You had admirable restraint to only use the Van Gogh on the island and backsplash, which paid off in spades as it looks amazing. Definitely the star of the kitchen except I think it's really more of a 'galaxy' of the kitchen lol.

can't wait to see it finished!

cheers

o

Oh WOW, really WOW, beautiful!!!!

o

Wow - that is kitchen art! Can't wait to see more!

o

Great looking!

o

WOWSA! Love that granite, it is making a statement! Everything is looking great, can't wait to see the finished project!

o

Absolutely stunning. That is some beautiful granite! Coming together nicely.

o

The Van Gogh is spectacular and looks so good with everything you've done so far. WOW!

o

It is so beautiful- now I know what the word jaw-dropping really refers to.

o

Reminds me of pictures of Earth from outer space - which I've always thought was beautiful.
As is this Stone

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here