Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mfhoop

Another satisfied Bucks County Soapstone Customer

mfhoop
13 years ago

So, big progress today! Thirteen weeks into the project, we got our counters installed today by Bucks County Soapstone. We think they're fantastic and couldn't recommend them more highly.

Our island is so big that we had to use two separate slabs, but they did such a good job of matching the two slabs that it's virtually impossible to tell. We also splurged on their custom sinks, including the block sink with the bow; it's really, really cool! Here are some pics...

Comments (13)

• julieh1926
    13 years ago

Wow -- absolutely beautiful! Their sinks are just gorgeous and was very much splurge-worthy! We got our counters from Buck's last week so I can truly understand how happy you must be. Congrats!

• honeychurch
    13 years ago

Really really pretty, love your veining! We are scheduled for templating from BCS on 9/23, can't wait! We also splurged on the block sink/bow front/scoop, so cool.

Love your blue island too!

• chris45ny
    13 years ago

Isn't it great when everything turns out so wonderful??!! Beautiful stone and the workmanship looks amazing. Love both sinks. Your island slab reminds me of a night in Arizona during a lightning storm. Congrats.

• rgb5064
    13 years ago

What hardware are you using? It is beautiful!!!

• holligator
    13 years ago

WOW!! How did I miss this post? The counters are absolutely stunning, and the whole kitchen is simply gorgeous. I can't wait to see your finished kitchen pics!

• ebean
    13 years ago

stunning. and since i'm backsplash obsessed and you have the same white cabs and soapstone that we're doing...what are you doing for your backsplash? (can anyone tell this f)(*)*_() backsplash is kicking my bum?)

• mfhoop
    Original Author
    13 years ago

ebean - we did carrara marble for the backsplash. Will try to post some update pictures tonight. We had originally planned to just do white subway, but our designer recommended the carrara for its depth and we've been super pleased with how it is turning out. It is a great transition between the counters and the cabinets and we didn't have to worry about trying to be matchy-matchy with the white of the cabinets.

• onedog3cats
    13 years ago

Wiping the drool from my keyboard :) Your kitchen is absolutely stunning! Love the veining on the island.

• mfhoop
    Original Author
    13 years ago

For those asking about our backspash, here's an updated picture of the rangetop area that shows the regular size tile and the smaller ones we used:

• flwrs_n_co
    13 years ago

OMG your counters & BS are soooooo gorgeous!!! And I love your blue island. And those sinks were definitely worth it! I can't wait to see the finished pics!!!

• jcla
    13 years ago

It's just GORGEOUS! We also have white (BM Dove Gray) cabs and soapstone counters. Thinking about doing a marble backsplash, so it's nice to see how great yours turned out. We have Julia soapstone (subtle green veining), and we're looking at Calacatta Gold mosaics for the backsplash--to tie the wall color (BM Edgecomb gray) with the island color (BM Fieldstone).

• alwayssunshine
    13 years ago

Just thought you should know I am totally stealing your blue accent piece idea!! (Imitation is the highest form of flattery) I am painting a craigslist find, beautiful china cabinet/ hutch, a blue as close to yours as I can find, thank you for the beautiful idea! Your kitchen is GORGOUS!!!

• mfhoop
    Original Author
    13 years ago

On the island color, our cabinets are CWP - the color we chose was tidewater and then had black glaze added to it (antique finish maybe? can't remember!) to make the color more muted. Here's the CWP link:

Here is a link that might be useful: CWP color choices

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor