Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvmygucci8

Double Stacked Cabinet Questions

luvmygucci8
10 years ago

Hello GW, I am trying to figure out which height of cabinets combinations would work best for 9'1 ceilings on our new home we are building.

A. 3" crown with 12" upper stacked cabinets and 36" lower cabinets with approx 2 1/4 light valance.

B. 3" crown with 14" upper stacked cabinets and 34" lower cabinets with approx 2 1/4 light valance.

Some of the cabinet doors will be 15" wide and other 19" wide. The uppers will be solid doors and no glass. The height distance between the counter and bottom of valance must be 18" due to code.

C. Right now I have 3" crown with 14" upper stacked cabinets and 36 lower cabinets with approx 2 1/4 light valance in our current home and love the way they look but it leaves me only 16" between counter and valance. I'm also almost tempted to just do what I have now and add the valance after we move in which the cabinet designer says people do.

I'm worried if I do the 12" that it will look too short and rectangular on the 19" wide cabinets. Choice A is keeping more with the 1/3 stacked rules I've seen on line..... Hmmm? I am so conflicted.

Would love to have some input or any advice, pictures would be wonderful too, thanks very much!

This post was edited by LuvmyGucci8 on Mon, Aug 5, 13 at 20:23

Comments (2)