Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daicey

BM Gray Owl paint- anyone use it?

Daicey
12 years ago

I'm looking at this for open kitchen/addition with white trim.

Comments (10)

• Daicey
    Original Author
    12 years ago

YOU ARE RIGHT!!

• artemis78
    12 years ago

We used the next swatch on that chip (Sea Haze) for some of our cabinets---chose it because it was neither a particularly blue gray nor a green gray, and I think it's pretty versatile with all of our white trim and cabinetry. I liked Gray Owl a lot, too.

• enduring
    12 years ago

I went to the "for the love of a house" site and recognized I had visited before. I noted that they used Titanium in their master bedroom. This is the color I used in my small dark, one windowed kitchen. Artemis used sea haze and I almost went with that for my kitchen. I looked at a lot of grey green blues and they are all pretty. What helped me with the final selection was to paint up patches on the wall and live with the samples for several days, comparing and contrasting. I must have painted 14 or so samples before I settled on Titanium. Each trial helped me refocus my search even when the trial was a reject. I am going to save this thread to "clippings" so that when I am ready to paint my bathroom (next to the kitchen) I can refer to the colors discussed here, and visit "for the love of a house" again to see her selections.

• babs711
    12 years ago

Here's some of her photos:

{{!gwi}}

More Gray Owl:

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

This is on my list to look at when I head to the BM store this afternoon. You might search over on the home decorating forum as I think I've seen pics of the color there also. My first thought when I saw the paint chip many months ago was that it seemed pretty blue to me. And, of course, its all about what the color does in the light of the intended room. It looks so good in the Love if A House blog and in the first bathroom pic from Babs.

• brickton
    12 years ago

We tried this for our master bedroom but it looked too green and too dark in our room. We ended up using a color match of an old discontinued Lowes Martha Stewart paint called Newsprint, and we love it. A lot. But we wanted something very light, and very gray, not green, not blue, grey.

Here's the only photo I could find if it helps.

• christy203
    12 years ago

Gray owl is beautiful. My powder room is painted this color and now i am thinking of paitning my bedroom this color too, its very soft and very soothing.

• Emily
    12 years ago

We just did our powder room that color. I love it. I think of it as gray with a hint of green. How much natural light do you have? Some parts of the day it looks more green and other parts of the day more gray. I love it. It is a very soft and pretty color.

• feldi
    10 years ago

My son started to paint his townhouse LR/DR area and all he can see is green? Could the dark wood flooring cast a shade of green on Gray Owl?