Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Urgent! Need to choose a kitchen sink by tomorrow

Posted by fabb (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 22, 13 at 20:14

Sorry this may be a repost as GW ate my message...

I have a chance to pick up a Kindred 36" SS apron front farmhouse sink for $500 but I already have a 30" Julien undermount I paid $600 for. I don't know if I should get the Kindred and sell the Julien or be happy with what I have already. Either sink will fit but the Julien is 16ga and the Kindred 18ga and I'm concerned a single bowl over that span will bang with temp changes.

I'm very confused and just don't know what to do. Any opinions on my first world problem here? TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Urgent! Need to choose a kitchen sink by tomorrow

I adore my apron front sink. One of the best moves I ever made.

o

If what you paid for the one you have is what's holding you back, forget it and get the new one. You can always sell it.

If you're just tempted by the deal and really love the one you have, pass and be happy.

o

I like them both but I'm leaning to the apronfront.

My biggest concern is banging but that will probably be infrequent (I hope). Any Kindred users want to comment on their farmhouse sink? :))

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here