Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I used a circular saw for the first time today...

Posted by fouramblues (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 4, 12 at 20:12

I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is to me! Thank you GWers for letting me know about Lee Valley drawer insert hardware!

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I used a circular saw for the first time today...

Looks like a big deal to me! You should be proud! Good job!

o

fouramblues - that looks fantastic! I have never used a circular saw or a chainsaw and hope never to... (no hand eye coordination here). That said, I am pretty good at splitting wood with an ax :)

o

Nice job! This girl loves her power tools. They make me feel so......powerful!

o

Looks good. Did you have to buy a full sheet of 1/4 wood?

o

Thanks! :) Before today, the most powerful power tool I'd used was my stick blender. Or maybe my Kitchenaid mixer. DH is so handy I'd never had any cause to use power tools, but I'm trying to pull my weight here. So I sawed a few sticks of wood. You should see what he did today!!! (Pantry shelving system, still unfinished, but I'll post pics when he's done.)

marti8a, I really lucked out. I was looking for "project boards" (described long ago on GW by bob_cville) at Home Depot. The nice guy in the lumber section of the store had never seen what I described, but happened to have a scrap of 1/4" plywood. He ripped it into 17 2.5"x30" strips for me and charged me $0!! So my circular saw skills are thus far limited to 2.5" cuts. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: old drawer insert thread

o

I used a circular saw for the first time today...

... but hopefully not the last, right?

o

Hee-hee, Angie. All my limbs are still intact, so I'm game for another go. :) I did 4 drawers in all over the weekend. But here's what DH did:

Photobucket

Pretty cool, huh? It's killing me that I can't put anything in there until the paint's fully cured...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here