Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Show me your creative pantry doors!

Posted by Spottythecat (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 7, 13 at 20:11

Hello...house will be completed in late October...I am still in search of a fun, vintage door for my pantry. I have visited architectural salvage shops, ebay, Habitat etc....still haven't found "the" door. So, I am looking for ideas to get my creative juices flowing! Builder is pestering me for that door asap!

Many that I look at are really in rough shape, extra holes for knobs, termite damage, too wide or too short etc....

Help!
Pam

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Show me your creative pantry doors!

I can't grab a picture of mine b/c it is in our storage unit but I am going for the same look. I went to an antique/salvage kind of shop and found with an original glass panel on the top in pretty good shape for $65. It was an old exterior door. This shop had lots of door knobs/plates/locks and we were able to dig through and find a matching set. We are going with a crystal door knob. I have not decided what I am going to do about the paint. It is white and worn but not in that nice shabby chic way, more dirty and dog scratch way. :) I don't want it to look brand new either and I am not confident in my skills to do "distress painting". I have seen some examples of it where it looks pretty cheezy and I am sure mine would look that way.

Anyway, I looked on CL too but a lot of the doors on there people were asking over $100 for and they were not that great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here