Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Aid Microwave? LOUD fan :0

Posted by zoey75 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 14, 13 at 20:07

I recently purchased a Kitchen Aid microwave (KHMS2040BSS) I was cooking on my stove tonight and the over the range microwave fan automatically went on (loudly) and scared the you know what out of me.

I am very upset with my kitchen aid appliances :( and just wanted to know it anyone else experienced this with a over the range KA microwave.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Aid Microwave? LOUD fan :0

I hear you! Or rather, I don't once that stupid fan turns itself on. And you can't shut it off manually once it goes on automatically. Scared the wits out of me too the first time it happened. I should probably take some time and read the owner's manual and see if there's an override or something, but I can't find it . . .

o

Our GE Profile Advantium in our last house did that as well. I assume that it was is trying to protect itself from overheating.

o

Thanks for your replies! I read the manual (after this happened) and googled it. There is no way to shut it off. It is so loud. I am not happy with the microwave.

o

Any over-the-range MW is going to be really really loud. You will not get a quieter exhaust in an OTR MW by buying a different brand. There have been several threads about why OTR MW's are only a good choice if your kitchen is really small and you have absolutely nowheres else to put the MW. Any chance you can switch out the OTR MW for an actual hood, and buy an inexpensive countertop MW (usually less than $100) instead?

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread about OTR MWs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here