Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
twincreeks_gw

advice needed in a hurry! ;) please help with kitchen plan!

TWINCREEKS
12 years ago

Hello!

This is last minute, but anyone who can offer advice, I will take it and appreciate it very much!

Meeting with Cabinet guy tomorrow. Need to have a lot of final answers for a new build that is in process.

Any advice in KiTCheN Depart.????

DO's and DONT's ?????

What you wish you would have NOT done?

What you are GLAD you DID do?

ORGANIZING STUFF? What? Where? Why?

Appliances?

Looking at 36 dual fuel Wolf

SZ 36 Frig and Freezer on bottom (paneled)

Exhaust System for the Wolf, BEST or WOLF, or ????? MOST IMP factor is NOISE and ability to do it's job moving out the fumes/smells etc...

Micro Drawer Sharp

Miele Built In coffee station

Dishwasher? built in and paneled and 2 imp. factors. - noise and ability to clean

Any advice on Wine and or beverage center? Would like dual zone (white and red wine capable)

Anything anyone would like to offer in way of suggestions would be greatly appreciated and very helpful to me. I love to get opinions. I love GW! Thanks!

Comments (7)

• suzanne_sl
    12 years ago

Wow! Time to do some intense reading. Type into your search engine

micro drawer site:gardenweb.com

Then keep replacing micro drawer with all the other terms you're interested in.

Be sure to also look for regrets and whatever else you think of that might bring up do's and don'ts - there have been some good threads on those subjects.

• ontariomom
    12 years ago

Hi Suzannesl,

Also if you read the thread entitled: New to Kitchens, posting pictures etc (which is usually on the first page or at least the second). You will find many saved threads dealing with your questions. In this thread Beuhl from GardenWeb has done a fantastic job of organizing a wealth of info that will be helpful to you. Good luck!

Carol

• dilly_ny
    12 years ago

Organizing stuff... I am planning to put most of my everyday use dishes in drawers so my kids can help themselves. I am including a hutch like "beverage center" to get the busy tasks of coffee, blender smoothies, and DH's vitamin collection out of my kitchen work triangle. I was going to put all drawers in the bev center lower cabinets, but then a GWer pointed out I might need regular cab for soda and other tall bottle storage. I want baskets for my potatoes and onions cause otherwise where will I put them? Can't help you with appliances, other than to say the drawer MW would not work for me. Also, do not want OTR mw because its dangerous for my kids. Good luck with your plans and organizing.

• Buehl
    12 years ago

For appliance questions, search the Appliances Forum.

For planning your storage, learning about zones and other layout info, threads about "Best Advice", "What do you regret", etc., see the "Read Me" thread.

No one can give you all this information in one day...so you're best bet is to do a lot of reading! Start w/the "Read Me" thread... Do you have a layout? Or, are you meeting with the cabinetmaker just to discuss materials & finishes and, possibly, coming up w/a layout? If your layout is finalized, then a lot of the information you're asking for is moot...

Here is a link that might be useful: New To Kitchens? Posting Pics? Read Me!

• TWINCREEKS
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello everyone and thanks!

I guess I should of better explained myself. From the sounds of my first post, it is written as if I have done no homework, no research, and don't have a clue of where to begin. That is all false. It sort of seems like I gave that impression. I definitely have done my homework. I was just looking for anything last minute I guess, like maybe something that I am forgetting about or didn't think about. I have already met with the "cabinet guy" - I already have my layout down. I know what organizational things I want for the most part. Just trying to envision where I want everything placed and so that is one thing. I am pretty set on appliances for most part. Thinking my Miele coffee station I want to move from the kitchen area over to the hutch though in the breakfast room. I am thinking I want a "beverage station" in the hutch. So, I would like a wine cooler with area for misc. beverages too (kids stuff, beer, glass bottled iced teas, etc....) Don't need a big wine cooler. We barely drink it, but would be nice to have a few bottles kept in the correct temp and then if it is one that can hold misc. drinks too, then that would be perfect. ??? Or just a small 15 wine center frig, and maybe a refrig drawer for all the other beverages.

I appreciate all the links that I will definitely page through. I still have a few hours till my bedtime! haha! :)

Seriously though, thanks to all. I guess I should of clarified a bit....I was really just looking for any last minute tid-bits that maybe I am not thinking about. I would be in big trouble if I was just starting to plan my kitchen tonight with only 10 hours till I have to have final answers to cab man. I have spent countless hours over the last few months on all this. Just trying to cover all bases I guess.

Thanks again!

• lavender_lass
    12 years ago

Twincreeks-So you need hand holding more than anything else? :)

It sounds like you've done your homework, so don't second guess yourself. The beverage center sounds like a great idea. Take a deep breath, exhale...and have some fun with your new kitchen. Also, I'd love to see your plan just to get an idea of what you're doing. It sounds like you've planned it all out very well...and I'm always looking for good ideas for my kitchen plan!

• TWINCREEKS
    Original Author
    12 years ago

lavender - thanks! I am actually afraid to post the exact layout...just because I am afraid that the same thing will happen to me that I have seen with other posters. You get good and bad input, which is nice, but I am too far into this where I can't change much as far as the layout.
    Put it this way, I am already an indecisive person, and if I have a whole bunch of comments, opinions, on the placement of everything, I will get more confused, and it will make me second guess myself. However, if you are interested, you may give me an email and I will forward it. Thanks! :)