Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
question_mark_gw

Has anyone bought sinks or faucets online??? Please help!

question_mark
16 years ago

Hi all,

I received a pricing list from our builder of plumbing fixtures ny wife and I recently chose. Unfortunately, the total was way over our allowance. I went to the web and started googling the sinks and fixtures by brand and model#. While most of the items on the list came in pretty close in price on the Kohler and Moen stuff, the 3 Elkay stainless steel sinks we had chosen (kitchen, island, bar) and a shower fixture were considerably cheaper on the web at sites like Vidavci.com,Homecenter.com (thru Amazon), AJ Madison, Faucet Depot, and others. I mean, they were literally hundreds of dollars cheaper than our plumbing supply co. is quoting us on these items. Sooooo, has anyone ordered sinks and fixtures online? If so, were you satisfied with the experience? Have you ever purchased anything from any of the websites I have mentioned?

Thank you in advance.

Comments (52)

• linda-z
    16 years ago

I bought my Franke sinks through WSCDirect.net. They had the best prices for Franke and were incredibly fast on delivery. They even included a new corkscrew and a rubber duckie. ;-)

I bought my insinkerator instant hot from Faucetdirect.com They have a great return policy and also had a sale on insinkerator.

I bought my prep sink faucet and soap dispensers from a very good EBay seller.

I bought my main sink faucet from Costco.com.

So far, so good. I saved quite a bit of money by buying online.

Linda-Z

• Fori
    16 years ago

I bought a faucet online and was pleased. Unfortunately I can't look it up at the moment to see from whom I purchased, but it was faucetsomething.com (if not just faucet.com).

Definitely use credit card for the protection.

• lkremodel
    16 years ago

I bought both a Franke sink (PA dealer with cheapest prices on ebay)and faucets (Utah ebay dealer) and saved lots of $. After several weeks of installation, we found a faulty faucet handle. The seller referred us to Danze customer service and without question: they sent us free replacement part. Hard to know if the same thing might have happened with a local purchase. In either case, we have to get another plumber visit. I'd buy these items again. They looked to be originals in factory package.

• judeNY_gw
    16 years ago

I bought 2 sinks (Blanco, Elkay), 3 faucets (Blanco, Hansgrohe, Grohe) and 2 soap dispenser (KWC) as well as cabinet hardware (Top Knobs) from Homeclick with no problems for much less than I could have gotten them locally.

• rmlanza
    16 years ago

I bought both my faucet and sink online from Faucets direct (I'll post the link), with free shipping and I got my cabinet hardware from an e-bay seller at half what I would have paid in a store. All came very quickly and I've had no problems at all.
    robin

Here is a link that might be useful: faucet direct site

• question_mark
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you all, very very much. I can't tell you
    what a help you are to me. I will order my items
    on the web, with your security tips employed.
    Thank you again!

• ksfaustin
    16 years ago

I just purchased my Franke sink and Kohler faucet from WSCdirect.net. I've been *extremely* pleased with them. Their prices were the best on the web for what I wanted - so low, in fact, I was worried that the products might not be new or authentic.

My fears were apparently unfounded: the faucet showed up last week and the sink yesterday, in perfect condition and sealed in the manufacturer's packaging. Shipping was fast, and the shipping charges were reasonable.

YMMV, of course, but I don't hesitate at all to recommend them.

HTH,
    Suzanne (in Austin)

P.S. I try to buy locally whenever possible, and so requested pricing on these items from a local kitchen and bath showroom. The salesperson never got back to me, so I went ahead with WSCDirect. I bought my appliances from a local appliance showroom, and got better prices than I could have gotten at the either a big box store or online. I guess the moral of this story is that the little guys are not always more expensive.

• sis3
    16 years ago

Just to add further reassurance - I bought my sinks from Galaxy Tool Supply and my faucets from Ira Wood. All of the items are exactly as I wished they would be, or better, and the two online companies could not have been more helpful. Good luck with your purchasing.

• ashlander
    16 years ago

question mark:
    I know you've already decided to order online, but I wanted to mention another site for faucets: (faucets4cheap.com) We ordered our bathroom sink and shower fixtures from them. In fact we ordered by phone (someone always answered promptly) because we were unsure of shower rough-ins, and they were very knowledgeable and answered our questions accurately.

• lascatx
    16 years ago

I ordered from Ira Wood and Home and Stone as well as from a local store. Generally, I went with the best price and terms (do keep return policies in mind -- just on case), but on one item, I had to go with the one place I found it in stock. It was only slightly higher thanthe best price, fortunately. Do check on availability when you order and make sure you won't get something backordered for 4-6 weeks or several months.

• lmhall2000
    16 years ago

If you're looking at an Elkay sink, don't forget to look directly at their site...I found a large sink for over 75% off at their own site....

Tara

• chmpgntst
    16 years ago

I bought an Elkay sink from buyplumbing.net, an insinkerator batch garbage disposal from faucetdepot.com and a grohe faucet from ebay retailer "plumbing specials." All shipped quickly in original packaging. I saved a lot on the sink especially (and I love it!).

Amy

• mayland
    16 years ago

I've bought from faucetdirect.com and was pleased with them. They are advertising a 50% off sale on several brands until the end of August (tomorrow!). The sink faucet I want is on sale and is less there than i can find it elsewhere.

I also bought my sink from Galaxy Tool Supply and got a great price with quick delivery.

• mnhockeymom
    16 years ago

Another faucetdirect.com happy customer - their sister sites are fabulous as well - have been using them all for 5 years now with zero problems!

• bunglogrl
    16 years ago

I purchased my sink and faucet from The Inside Store. The sink arrived scratched but they were very nice about sending a replacement very quickly.

My stove is from AJ Madison. The delivery guy lost his tip when he tried to bully me out of inspecting it before I let him roll it into the garage. The stove was fine.

Ordering appliances online should be safe if you
    1) Check the return policy/restocking fee.
    2) Compare shipping charges. Shipping an 800lb stove cross country can cost hundreds of dollars.
    3) Check for damage before you accept delivery - even if the boxes look okay.
    4) Order early. You don't want to be forced to reschedule the plumber, counter fabricator and painter because you had to return a dented faucet.

• sanborn5
    16 years ago

I bought a blanco super supreme 1 3/4 on buyplumbing.net, and the sink grids. I also bought tp holders, towel bars at faucetdepot.com and several kohler faucets on ebay. Happy with everything. A lot of these sites will price match and you can go to the sites with free shipping or at least lower shipping.

• abd1
    16 years ago

I'd highly recommend the Ticor stainless sinks from Galaxy Tool Supply online. They're every bit as nice as the more expensive Blanco and Elkay and hundreds of dollars less.

I also shopped forever for a faucet both online and in local stores and wound up buying from designerfaucetoutlet.com or something like that. It was about $100 less and we've made tons of our purchases online -- its actually the first place we shop -- and never had a problem.

• lizliz
    16 years ago

Here's another vote for WSCdirect.net - I bought my Franke sink from them for about 1/2 the price from the local distributor. They were fast and efficient.

I've also used FaucetDepot.com, for a (surprise!) faucet and some water filters. Very good experience there, as well.

• napagirl
    16 years ago

I got my 30" Herbeau fireclay sink from Homeclick.com and it was $250 less (tax & shipping) than a very good price from a local plumbing supply who would have given me 25% off but charged $150 for shipping. The first sink arrived broken and Homeclick had Herbeau ship another as soon as they rec'd the broken one. Very satisfied. Also got my Rohl Allia prep sink from Homeclick with an additional 15% off sale coupon they emailed me.

This was my first ever purchase online and was happy (and relieved) it went so well. Would never have done it if I hadn't read all the good reviews here on Garden Web..!!

• biondanonima
    16 years ago

I've purchased just about everything online - I don't know how much I've saved but I would estimate an average of 20%. I bought a faucet and shower valves from faucets4cheap.com - they are great, but they have a STEEP restocking fee, so be sure you know exactly what you need before you order (I didn't, and it cost me about $100 to fix my error). I bought 2 other fixtures from plumbersurplus.com - the fixtures are beautiful and the prices were great but their shipping was a little slow. Bought my sink from Galaxy - it's fabulous. I've also purchased lots of little things from ebay and other random sellers, no problem. I love shopping online!!!!!!

• mad_p67
    16 years ago

I have to second HomeAndStone. I bought my Whitehaus firecalay sink, undermount supports and strainer from them.

QualityBath is another site I endorse. Purchased soap dispenser.

Thirdly, Overstock. I purchased my faucet at a very good discount.

• hest88
    16 years ago

We ordered sinks/fixtures from Faucet Depot, Amazon, and Irawoods. Everything came on time and in perfect condition.

• sandykay
    16 years ago

I bought all Toto fixtures: 4 toilets, 2 cast iron bathtubs, 3 faucets,3 sinks and 2 shower sets from Todd @ ewins.com
    The savings were unbelievable compared to local plumbing stores. They can get all the Toto products you see on totousa.com
    I also bought a moenstone sink on ebay and several faucets from faucetdepot.com
    I hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: ewins

• orie
    16 years ago

I got my Silgranit super and the bar sink from Home and Stone and can't say enough about their customer service. They were wonderful and I got an amazing price (about $300 less on the super sink and about $150 less on the bar sink). I received them in perfect condition and no mistakes on the orders. I bought my Delta Allora faucets on the Delta Depot site, also amazing prices and received in perfect conditions. No surprises.

• mary_228
    16 years ago

I had to return and exchange the faucet I bought online and it really delayed the granite installation. I would have been happy to spend the extra $80 to just be able to walk into the Great Indoors and get a new one the same day I discovered the problem as opposed to shipping this very heavy faucet back and waiting for a new one to be delivered. By the time you get to countertops in your remodel, you just want it over - at any price!

• revans1
    16 years ago

We bought a Danze potfiller and a faucet for a bathroom from
    Costco.com. The price was good, no problems with the transaction, and I liked that we could have gone to the local store for help had we had an issue.

• urybotm
    16 years ago

I purchased 2 sinks and 1 faucet from www.bestundermountsinks.com. I decided to take the risk buying over the internet to obtain significant savings compared to more expensive brand names like Elkay and Franke. I am delighted to say that the sinks LI-100 ($456), LI-400 ($284), and faucet LI-VLK5 are great. The sinks are heavier (16 gauge) compared to everyone else's 18 gauge, and you get extra "gifts" with them like a really nice collander, cutting mat and S/S cleaner.
    The are of great quality, and severl hundred $less than comparable models in the name lines. They shipped within a few days of placing the order, and were received safely in about a week.
    Free shipping and no sales tax - it doesn't get much better.

• crl_
    16 years ago

Just to pile on. I bought our faucet from overstock dot come and some other plumbing supplies from www.needplumbingsupplies.com Purchases from both came in a timely way and in new condition with no problems. I also ordered a bathroom sink from www.vintagetubs.com and they were FABULOUS when I lost the mounting hardware (totally my fault and I admitted it to them upfront).

Catherine

• nicole93089
    16 years ago

We had a great experience with Home & Stone and DesignerPlumbing. Highly recommend both.

• epicure
    16 years ago

Did you ask your contractor about his warranty policy? We ordered some things through faucetdirect.com, but decided to pay more and order through our contractor for other items. If the products are defective, which they are more often than they used to be, and you have ordered them yourself, you will have to pay labor for the reinstall. Some contractors will warranty products and not charge you for labor for the reinstall if you have ordered the item through them. Also, if damage to your kitchen is sustained through the installation of a faulty product, for example a stainless steel sink with a seam issue, some contractors will fix the resulting damage without cost if you have purchased the faulty item through them. Sometimes Internet savings can disappear quickly.

• mikemonster
    16 years ago

I just purchased an S105-8 Ticor sink based on the high level of satisfaction and good things folks here on this site have had to say about thier Ticor sinks and about Galaxy Tool. I bought it after normal shipping hour, but it will ship tomorrow and be here in 5-days (hope).

I did find that Galaxy Online ordering will cost you up to $20 more in shipping than just calling. I'm in CA and shipping online was $49 and by phone it was $29. The reason I was given for this was something to do with the company that manages their online store.

Anyway great forum, information and members here, it's really been a great resourse for our remodel.

• spinmom
    16 years ago

I just ordered my ticor sink yesterday on line; I finally make a decision and it turns out I should have waited one more day so I would have thought to have ordered by phone!

• early1
    16 years ago

Great experience with the Ticor from Galaxy Tool - it's a great product. Mediocre to poor experience with faucets from Ira Wood - to be fair, they were using new software and were obviously just figuring things out, but it was a nighmare getting a mis-order replaced (they finally mistakenly sent two of the replacement). I also ordered a great Astracraft sink that was sold under the HD Pegasus name - it was less than 1/2 the price of buying the Astracraft under the original name.

• scottielee
    16 years ago

Another outstanding experience with WSC Direct!!! Not only they got the best price I could find, my order was shipped the same day, triple boxed (original box plus two more), and arrived in perfect condition in 2 business days. I am not affiliated with WSC Direct, just a very pleased customer.
    scott

Here is a link that might be useful: WSC Direct

• shequit
    16 years ago

I bought a sink from Galaxy. I did not notice until I had it for a month (still in box, bty) that the rim was bent. I called them and they accepted the return without a problem. By that time, they no longer had the style I needed so they took it back, full refund. Unfortunately I had to spend way more $$ on an Elkay because I could not wait. Love the Elkay, I have to say. However, I would have been happy with the Galaxy if they had been able to provide the proper one at the time I needed it.

• mollyred
    16 years ago

I got a $7000 GE Monogram built-in fridge for $4000, including shipping from Detroit to LA, through Moe's Appliances, a scratch and dent store with terrific people. It was a little scary, but it worked out fine. There were 2 small things wrong with the fridge, which I figured I'd have to pay for since I bought it "as is", but Hazimi had the problems promptly fixed at no cost to me. I can't recommend them highly enough, and at last I have a fridge that holds enough meat for Attila the Husband.

• judithn
    16 years ago

I bought my Blanco prep sink from a private seller on Ebay who had a left over from his renovation for $99. Saved some money there. Got a Moen Aberdeen on Ebay from another private seller for $100 less than in the store. Will say though I got my Mico Shoreline faucet from Expo store in Bridgewater, NJ and it's a good thing it came from a local store, because it had a manufacturing defect. Expo took it back and gave me a store credit for the purchase amount. They worked with Mico, and Mico gave them a credit for the faucet. Hard to say if it would have worked so well if I had NOT bought that one locally. I didn't have the original packaging OR the original receipt by then either. Luckily, the stuff bought online is alright.

• Buehl
    16 years ago

Bump b/c one or more recent posters is looking for online sources for sinks

• saskatchewan_girl
    16 years ago

I have been searching for weeks, probably more like months, for a new couble undermount sink and have gotten excellent comments & feedback from my own posts and reading others from this site.
    From my searches, the best pricing is on Ebay but you have to watch some ppl's shipping charges! Unfortunately they didn't have the exact sink I wanted so I just (10 minutes ago) ordered from Galaxy Tool Supply by phone. The price was better than anything I could buy locally by HUNDREDS $$! Plus you get a lot of extras included. The sink I ordered is delayed until next week but they advised they will contact me ASAP when it comes in, and they expect a 7-10 max delivery to Canada!! The girl I spoke with had AWESOME customer service skills too. I'm always hesitant to use a Credit Card over the phone but how else would I pay I guess. I acutally used the one that only had $400 left until maxxed out........so I guess no one can use it if I can't anymore LOL.
    Still I would keep searching on Ebay, you never know : )
    HTH

• wifeygirl
    16 years ago

We purchased our large single sink online from Costco.com and were very pleased. Shipping fee was part of reasonable price, and returns could go thru local store if necessary, but whole transaction was perfect, no probs. We also purchased Brizo Floriano faucet (and prep faucet) online thru eBay, and saved a lot of money.

• rockrisley
    16 years ago

Bought a Franke fireclay sink from needplumbingsupplies.com and 2 faucets from buyplumbing.net. Both experiences were very good and the pricing was excellent.

• jennyct
    16 years ago

We just received our Kingston Brass farm sink from Overstock.com. We saved a ton of money. It isn't installed yet, but it sure is a beautiful sink!

My KD was going to charge us something like $2,000 for a SS farm sink. We paid $450 for ours (free shipping).

• neeter3148
    15 years ago

Great information! Bump.

• moen
    15 years ago

I've purchased faucets from PlumberSurplus.com. Good experience and good prices.

Here is a link that might be useful: Faucets

• gwentm
    13 years ago

bump

• organic_jmac
    13 years ago

Anyone tried out the Houzer sinks at WSCDirect.com? They are 16 guage, but I've never heard of them nor of them mentioned hereabouts.

• jolynna
    13 years ago

I bought Danze faucets for my kitchen, master bath and powder room from faucetsdirect online. They were lots cheaper than from the plumber our builder uses and I am very satisfied. I also bought all of my appliances: double oven, warming drawer, dishwasher, and washer and dryer from an online site. I WOULD have recommended this company also. However. it turns out my double oven is smashed in on one side. I accepted delivery without opening all the boxes as another poster recommended. I just discovered the damage on Friday and called the company immediately. They told me the person who would handle the situation was at lunch. I left a message. She didn't call back on Friday. Right now I am thinking ordering major appliances online might not be such a good idea, But I'm hoping tomorrow when I call the company back again, they will say something to change my mind.

I just learned the hard way how important it is to inspect big ticket items before accepting delivery.

• formerlyflorantha
    13 years ago

fwiw...some cheapie hints...

Home Depot online can be accessed through EBates, which gives a little rebate for the referral. Go to Ebates first (have to register), then go to HD. Some of the other online kitchen stuff companies are also available through the Ebates internal referral service. I got a $35 refund check from them one month. I wish I had known about Ebates before I spent big bucks on two cast iron sinks and two faucets through HDepot online.

Look for online codes and/or holiday discounts from the various vendors. You'd be surprised what are considered "holidays" by the online companies. Mayday might be a 10% off day, that kind of thing. I know that "Black Friday" after Thanksgiving was a good discount day (actually the entire weekend and the Monday afterward) and even April Fool's Day had a discount for some vendors. Often the home web page for a company has today's discount code listed on it. I've sometimes emailed the company on the "contact us" and asked point-blank, "Is there a discount today or in the next week which I need to type in when I buy online?" Often they give me the info. Or they tell me to register for their email newsletter so I can snag the upcoming code for the next "sale." At least that tells me that there is a sale coming up.

• mccarthymom
    12 years ago

Purchased sink from Galazy Tool on line, the sink was great but the disposal button was broken and the customer service when they send a defective item was horrible. Owner wanted me to pay an additional $16 to have the part send overnight. Any savings on the sink and button was eaten up by the additional dollars charged by my plumber trying to make the broken part they sent me work. Buyer Beware....

Sponsored
Style Savvy Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Luxurious Interior Designer & Decorator