Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mom2tykel

95% Complete Shiloh Silestone Quartzite Kitchen

mom2tykel
12 years ago

Since we still have some DIY finishing touches that will be done when we can fit them in, I thought it would be best to share our almost completed kitchen. Our kitchen would have never made it this far, been as functional for my family and the layout of our home, or would have never fit into our budget without the hints, tips, techniques, inspirations, or comments from this board. Every one of you deserves thanks. So - THANK YOU!

I have posted the names of my sources/installers/contractors as they were wonderful to work with and I would highly recommend them!

Details:

Cabinets:

Shiloh Inset, soft close, full extension drawers

Perimeter: Maple Off-white Peninsula: Maple Heritage Alder

Plaistow Cabinet: Joe Dolansky, Plaistow NH

Installation: Brian Bennett Construction, Revere MA

Countertop: Perimeter: Silestone Stellar Nights Peninsula: Quartzite White Suprema Leather Finish

Supplier: Boston Granite Exchange Haverhill, MA (Quartzite)

Fabrication/Installation: Select Stone Corp Billerica, MA Pati (Sales)

Floors: Wide Pine, Clear Satin Poly, Hand Cut Nails

Materials: Seacoast Mills, Brentwood NH

Paint: Walls: BM Revere Pewter Trim: Muralo Beige Cream

Painter: B&G Painting, Atkinson NH

Hardware: Amerock Highland Ridge Polished Nickel: 4" pulls, 6" pulls, 1.25 knobs

Sink: Whitehaus Noahs Collection Single Bowl Undermount Kitchen Sink

Faucet: Price Pfister

Lowes

Pendants: Pottery Barn Serena Pendants (3)

Backsplash: Lunada Bay Kukai Silk 1x2

Appliances:Frigidaire Professional Stainless Pkg

Beach Sales, Revere MA. Kelie Friedman

Recessed Lights:Lowes

From LR:

From Main Entrance:

Pendant:

Peninsula:

Soon to be Message Center/Charging Station:

Appliance Garages (doors to be installed):

Lights On (love the effect on the ceiling):

Comments (16)

• homeagain
    12 years ago

Beautiful! I love it. Your cabinets are perfect. You're hardware looks great and I love the big chunky legs on your island.

We are planning to build in two years and I am leaning toward Shiloh as they seem to be the most affordable for inset.

I'd love to hear if they met you quality expectations!

Great job! Enjoy your new space............

bren

• function_first
    12 years ago

Wow, this is beautiful -- the island really stands out to me, I love the design of the island. L-O-V-E those pendants -- so glad you included a close up of those, they're gorgeous. NIce job, thanks for sharing it with us!

• elba1
    12 years ago

Very nice, and I really like the pendants & peninsula too!

• dilly_ny
    12 years ago

Love the peninsula! Great accent

• pupwhipped
    12 years ago

Your kitchen is lovely...so many things I like about it!

Congrats on a fabulous job and wishing you many years of happy cooking.

• gardenamy
    12 years ago

Mom2tykel - I'm considering Shiloh as well. Can you please tell me if you are happy with them so far. Would welcome any input!!! Amy

• Majra
    12 years ago

Beautiful! How about a close up of the backsplash?

• andi_k
    12 years ago

Wow...this looks great, I love it!!! We are also looking at Shiloh...how do you like them? They look great! What white color did you pick - is that the soft white? I think that's the same one we are looking at.

• kmmh
    12 years ago

It looks great! Congrats!

• wolfgang80
    12 years ago

Great kitchen. Do you have any bigger pictures of your flooring? What do you mean by "hand cut nails"?

• mom2tykel
    Original Author
    12 years ago

We really do enjoy our new kitchen. It is a huge improvement from the previous 30 yo kitchen. I have yet to find stools I love for the peninsula so we are still searching. We still need to install the undercabinet lighting and the backsplash (see example below) which I didn't mention in original post. Jakabedy has a similar backsplash which I love! My backsplash is currently drywall(sigh) with Revere Pewter paint.

I am very happy with the appliances. They are soooo quiet compared to what we had before. When I first used the DW, I had to put my ear up to it to see if it had turned on. Every now and then we hear an ice cube drop in the freezer/refrigerator but that is it.

We are happy with the Shiloh cabinets. They are in soft white (no glaze or distressing) and are inset.

The hand cut nails are replica old forged nails now manufactured by machines. We love the authenticity of them with the wide pine. We predrilled the holes so the nails didn't split the wood then countersunk the nails before sanding.

Here's a few more pictures. Thanks again!
    Hand Cut Nails:

Better pic of pine floor (this floor is 9 yrs old) in dead of winter (which means dry air in house and larger gaps in floor boards):

Example of Backsplash:

Hope this answers everyone's questions.

• NewSouthernBelle
    12 years ago

It looks great. I especially love the penisula and the pendants lights. I want them! Those pendents are just gorgeous.

• shelayne
    12 years ago

I somehow missed this one!

It is BEAUTIFUL! Those pendants are gorgeous! Love that cabinet with the plate rack! That is going to be even more lovely with plates in it! I love the colors in your backsplash. That is going to be amazing!

CONGRATS!

• lisa_a
    12 years ago

Another gorgeous kitchen with quartzite counters. Sigh. LOVE those pendants! Perfect touch of sparkle that compliments your backsplash tile.

• wolfgang80
    12 years ago

Thanks for the pictures and explanation.

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

Mom2tykel your kitchen is beautiful! I love the look of Shiloh Inset Cabinets. Thanks for sharing.