Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
95% Complete Shiloh Silestone Quartzite Kitchen

Posted by mom2tykel (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 14, 11 at 19:47

Since we still have some DIY finishing touches that will be done when we can fit them in, I thought it would be best to share our almost completed kitchen. Our kitchen would have never made it this far, been as functional for my family and the layout of our home, or would have never fit into our budget without the hints, tips, techniques, inspirations, or comments from this board. Every one of you deserves thanks. So - THANK YOU!

I have posted the names of my sources/installers/contractors as they were wonderful to work with and I would highly recommend them!

Details:
Cabinets:
Shiloh Inset, soft close, full extension drawers
Perimeter: Maple Off-white Peninsula: Maple Heritage Alder
Plaistow Cabinet: Joe Dolansky, Plaistow NH
Installation: Brian Bennett Construction, Revere MA

Countertop: Perimeter: Silestone Stellar Nights Peninsula: Quartzite White Suprema Leather Finish
Supplier: Boston Granite Exchange Haverhill, MA (Quartzite)
Fabrication/Installation: Select Stone Corp Billerica, MA Pati (Sales)

Floors: Wide Pine, Clear Satin Poly, Hand Cut Nails
Materials: Seacoast Mills, Brentwood NH

Paint: Walls: BM Revere Pewter Trim: Muralo Beige Cream
Painter: B&G Painting, Atkinson NH
Hardware: Amerock Highland Ridge Polished Nickel: 4" pulls, 6" pulls, 1.25 knobs
Sink: Whitehaus Noahs Collection Single Bowl Undermount Kitchen Sink

Faucet: Price Pfister
Lowes
Pendants: Pottery Barn Serena Pendants (3)

Backsplash: Lunada Bay Kukai Silk 1x2

Appliances:Frigidaire Professional Stainless Pkg
Beach Sales, Revere MA. Kelie Friedman
Recessed Lights:Lowes

From LR:
Photobucket

From Main Entrance:
Photobucket
Pendant:
Photobucket
Peninsula:
Photobucket
Soon to be Message Center/Charging Station:
Photobucket
Appliance Garages (doors to be installed):
Photobucket
Lights On (love the effect on the ceiling):
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 95% Complete Shiloh Silestone Quartzite Kitchen

Beautiful! I love it. Your cabinets are perfect. You're hardware looks great and I love the big chunky legs on your island.

We are planning to build in two years and I am leaning toward Shiloh as they seem to be the most affordable for inset.

I'd love to hear if they met you quality expectations!

Great job! Enjoy your new space............

bren

o

Wow, this is beautiful -- the island really stands out to me, I love the design of the island. L-O-V-E those pendants -- so glad you included a close up of those, they're gorgeous. NIce job, thanks for sharing it with us!

o

Very nice, and I really like the pendants & peninsula too!

o

Love the peninsula! Great accent

o

Your kitchen is lovely...so many things I like about it!

Congrats on a fabulous job and wishing you many years of happy cooking.

o

Mom2tykel - I'm considering Shiloh as well. Can you please tell me if you are happy with them so far. Would welcome any input!!! Amy

o

Beautiful! How about a close up of the backsplash?

o

Wow...this looks great, I love it!!! We are also looking at Shiloh...how do you like them? They look great! What white color did you pick - is that the soft white? I think that's the same one we are looking at.

o

It looks great! Congrats!

o

Great kitchen. Do you have any bigger pictures of your flooring? What do you mean by "hand cut nails"?

o

We really do enjoy our new kitchen. It is a huge improvement from the previous 30 yo kitchen. I have yet to find stools I love for the peninsula so we are still searching. We still need to install the undercabinet lighting and the backsplash (see example below) which I didn't mention in original post. Jakabedy has a similar backsplash which I love! My backsplash is currently drywall(sigh) with Revere Pewter paint.

I am very happy with the appliances. They are soooo quiet compared to what we had before. When I first used the DW, I had to put my ear up to it to see if it had turned on. Every now and then we hear an ice cube drop in the freezer/refrigerator but that is it.

We are happy with the Shiloh cabinets. They are in soft white (no glaze or distressing) and are inset.

The hand cut nails are replica old forged nails now manufactured by machines. We love the authenticity of them with the wide pine. We predrilled the holes so the nails didn't split the wood then countersunk the nails before sanding.

Here's a few more pictures. Thanks again!
Hand Cut Nails:

Better pic of pine floor (this floor is 9 yrs old) in dead of winter (which means dry air in house and larger gaps in floor boards):
Photobucket
Example of Backsplash:
Photobucket

Hope this answers everyone's questions.

o

It looks great. I especially love the penisula and the pendants lights. I want them! Those pendents are just gorgeous.

o

I somehow missed this one!

It is BEAUTIFUL! Those pendants are gorgeous! Love that cabinet with the plate rack! That is going to be even more lovely with plates in it! I love the colors in your backsplash. That is going to be amazing!

CONGRATS!

o

Another gorgeous kitchen with quartzite counters. Sigh. LOVE those pendants! Perfect touch of sparkle that compliments your backsplash tile.

o

Thanks for the pictures and explanation.

o

Mom2tykel your kitchen is beautiful! I love the look of Shiloh Inset Cabinets. Thanks for sharing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here