Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kohler Whitehaven sink

Posted by donaleen (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 29, 12 at 19:40

I finally got to see one. I like it very much. The sink I saw was an off-white color called "Dune". It looked rich and wonderful in the showroom but hard to tell how it might look in my kitchen. My cabinets will be painted BM Windham Cream, which is a rich somewhat yellow creamy color.

I ordered some Kohler sample colors for Dune, Honed White, Biscuit, and Cane Sugar.

Has anyone selected/installed a Whitehaven sink in an off-white color? Do you have photos? Opinions? Suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kohler Whitehaven sink

Mine is white, sorry!! But I love the sink!
The colors ALL look good to me!

Nancy

o

Hmm... I think I should have said that another way. In the showroom the sink "looked" white but with a shining inner beauty. It really was pretty. Pretty enough to pay more for if it looks like that at MY house. DH was also very wowed by how it looked.

o

I would wait and check out the samples in your own light. Make sure you get actual porcelain cast iron chips not just paper, the paper ones are way off. My sink is a Kohler Indio in Almond. It is yummy in my kitchen but could definitely be wrong for lots of countertop tonalities. Dune has some yellow undertones, so it may be perfect for you.
I got my sink for an amazing price of $200 at Plumbersurplus.com. Check them out they have your sink but I don't know if it is a good price.

o

Kohler's Whitehaven chips are real cast iron chips so you can see the true color. I ordered three color samples but went with just white. Good luck!

o

My biscuit Whitehaven is sitting in the box and should be sitting in my cabinets in about a week. I'm using an olive green color for my base cabinets and a creamy white that's almost closer to a very pale yellow for the uppers. I went with biscuit to match the uppers. I'm pretty fortunate though. I live in Kohler and my husband is a Kohler employee so for me it was a trip down the the street to the design center with my samples ;) I almost went with Sea salt because I felt like it had some of the same creamy tones but this is a relatively low budget remodel so chose biscuit to save a little money.

o

Ooh, can't wait to see your sink, Lisa. I wish I could go down the street to the design center.

o

I'll take a photo in daylight tomorrow. I've got the 30" and it looks huge!! But then anything would after washing all my dishes in the powder room for the last couple of weeks. My last two sinks were double bowl and a smart divide. I think I'm really going to love the single bowl!

o

We have seen this sink in Cane Sugar, and my hubby fell in love with the color. It is identical to Biscuit, which is beautiful, except Biscuit is a flat color and Cane sugar has more depth to it. Across the room, you cannot see the difference, only when you get right up in front of it. The only way I can explain the difference is to look at a car that is a flat color (hard to find anymore), and compare it to a color that is a metallic. The metallic will have more depth.

o

Dune must be one of those depth colors, too. It looked like you could fall into it.

o

Here it is in the box with my cabinets (green will be lowers, cream on the right are the uppers), the granite (black pearl), and a sample of the Ann Sacks tile I'm thinking about. There is a piece of plastic on the front which is why it looks a little odd.

Untitled

o

Oh, thank you for that. The cabinet sample looks brown to me.

o

It does look a little brown in that photo, but it's an olive green from Cliq Studios. Here's their image of the cabinet and color for reference:
dayton_left_zoom_img_09_larger

o

Oh, that is much greener but obviously a complex color. I love colors that are so complex that they change with the light and their surroundings. Makes it trickier to figure out what works together though.

o

I have my white whitehaven sitting in my living room also. It looks so smooth and glossy. I have run my fingers over it a few times. I got the 30" and it does seem huge. We have a 24" sink now so 30" will be plenty for us. I can imagine the 36" must seem like a mini hot tub.
I am surprised that the biscuit seems so white in color! Did it cost more to purchase biscuit? I have picked the cabinet color yet but have not picked the wall or backsplash yet so I wanted to stay with basic white to avoid any issues with colors not blending well.

o

Looking at prices on the web, yes it costs more to get colors. Some cost a lot more and some cost a little more. I am talking tall apron, 36 inch.

o

Is the front of your Whitehaven smooth? Mine is looking wavy…….

o

Here's my Cane Sugar in context. I love it! I think of the depth of the color as flat tile is to a crackled tile. The difference in price between the regular colors and this is well worth it every day. Mine is a smart divide which I also love.

o

My whitehaven is sea salt and I absolutely LOVE it! My counters are a "quiet" marble and the sea salt is a really beautiful compliment. And yes, the front is slightly wavy when you run your hand over the apron part.

o

Here's the inside of my low divide sink.

Mine is pretty smooth on the front.

o

I've got the 36" Whitehaven sitting in a box in the garage. To those who already have it: Do you use the sink rack? The only options I can find online come in two pieces.
Do I really need it?

I meant to order the 30" but got the 36" in error. (my mistake) Hope I love it...Looks BIG.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here