Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
3boysandadog

Anyone buy their quartz counters at Lowe's?

3boysandadog
11 years ago

I have been pricing quartz countertops... Lowe's has submitted the cheapest quote by almost $2k... Has anyone purchased their quartz counters from them and had them install? If so, have you been happy? Is there different quality of Quartz? The brand we are looking at through Lowe's is Allen & Roth...

Comments (18)

• maggieq
    11 years ago

Seems the big box stores contract out in their area for countertops. You may want to find out who their provider is and look for reviews on quality of their work. In our area, the price is very competitive with the price quoted directly from the company actually doing the work.

• kimiko232
    11 years ago

We purchased the LG silver lake when they were having the sale for 49.99. I've been happy with them. It looks pretty and actually, I can't tell any difference between mine and a friend who has a mainstream brand. Quite a few of the colors are actually made here in the us, in Ohio. I think. That made me a little happier.

I was especially happy when the fabricator messed up where they put my sink. The fabricator would only refund me 150.00 and that took a lot to get out of them. Lowes backed me up. They told them to either offer me more money or completely redo the counters. I settled on 500.00, since I didn't want to wait another six weeks. I should have said more, but I digress...

Also, my mom picked up the LG stuff on sale too. They installed it last week. She is happy with it. She did find a chip. She called the fabricator and he said that's the nature of the product. She called lowes and they will be out next week to fix it. :)

I know it's not the brand that you're looking for, but I thought you'd be happy to know that Lowe's really came through for us.

Good luck!
    Kim

• 3boysandadog
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Williamsem: The price quoted was indeed $49.99 fabricated/installed and included a SS sink. I missed out on thier last sale which was $46.99 installed... however, on this sale, they are offering a free "edge" upgrade to your choice of edging - which the saleslady stated if you don't choose the standard edge... is several dollars per inch. I have not looked at edging choices yet.

Very happy to hear Lowe's has stood by thier products!
    Thank you all!

• maybeiloveyou
    11 years ago

We had our counters (entire kitchen in fact) done by Lowes! We had LG Viatera quartz installed. We were very happy with the way it came out. No issues on the fabricator or Lowes end!

• shedthechrysalis
    11 years ago

When we were countertop shopping, Lowes came in at a good price on our granite. They did have 4 colors of quartz on sale for $49.99 but we just didn't care for the look. HOWEVER if you buy from Lowe's, here's a tip. If you open a Lowe's account, you get 5% off. We opened one just for the savings and then paid it off at the end of the month. Another tip - we had just purchased our home and went to the USPS (post office) website to change our address. It costs $1.00 to do it, but you are offered Lowe's coupons. We got a 10% off one and we were allowed to apply it towards out entire granite purchase, saving us $240.00. Just an FYI...

• 3boysandadog
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the tips ShedTheCrysalis - I was thinking Lowe's offered some type of discount if I opened a card... Did you also get the undermount sink and was it good quality?

• shedthechrysalis
    11 years ago

Hi again! We didn't get the undermount sink. I wanted an apron front that we actually had flush mounted. Lowe's was good about the discounts. For example, when we bought our appliances in the store, they were on sale for 10% off, plus we used the moving coupon and got another 10% and they also gave us 5% when we used our card. I read on this site that they normally don't do that but they did at the Lowe's we went to. When we shopped for our granite, we asked about getting an upgraded edge for free which the fabricator agreed to. We later decided to go with the standard eased edge but it was nice to know that they were willing to work with us. It never hurts to ask so if you find that you do want to go with Lowes I would suggest asking for what you want and getting a coupon because every little bit helps, right? :)

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

And I think there's a 5% off military discount which can be used, too.

• Maggie Zimmerman
    8 years ago

I installed this product in my kitchen through Lowe's. I paid 2200 for a lot of counter space (L shape, snack bar, island) and reason I went with Lowe's was because the price include instalation and a free sink, went with the double SS. This was 7 years ago and still looking the same with lots of living done. I'm special happy and duper glad that I did because in June 2015 I had a kitchen fire with the source at the stove. The stove was mounted between the LG counter tops and no damage what so ever, and it was a 12 minute fire with burnt cubborads, drywall, the gasket to the fridge melted , which was 4 feet away. As for the SS sink it was damaged and turned that blue hue SS gets when over heated. I'm was in the process of updating bathroom vanities and going to hopefully make LG counter tops work for these rooms.

• rollnthunder61
    5 years ago

My wife and I just purchased a quartz counter to and had it installed a few weeks back. I called the company tje day before tjey were to install tje counter top as I was pulling out the old top myself. 2 hours after I pulled out the sink and countertop tjey called and told me they cracked the countertop and instead of 1 seem there would be 2 seems I told tjem I could live with that. Next day they come to install the countertop and they had cut tje counter 7/8 of an incj to short. So they said tjey would give me a free back splash to cover up the gap along the whole wall. 3 weeks later tjey come to install the back splash and the way they had to make sure it was sitting on the counterwas add shims behind the back splash. While all this is going on I was dealing with someone at lowes main office. They were going to send me a $75 gift certificate for my problems. After spending $4500 on a countertop and sink I thought wow really only $75 but left it alone. Well today I got tje gift card. I opened it and laughed. It was for get this $2.30 not a joke. Last time I ever shop at Lowe's.

• rollnthunder61
    5 years ago

• rollnthunder61
    5 years ago

• lisadlu16
    5 years ago

Crazy!

• Lauren
    5 years ago

I just had a similar situation happen to me. Counter was cut 5/8 inch short and they offered me 10% off a backsplash. the counter is also uneven around the sink and there is a scratch on the island. After I declined the discount on the backsplash, and several exchanges with Lowe’s and the owner of the countertop company, they are providing me with a free backsplash and repairing the scratch. Nothing on the sink. Lowe’s will also give me a $200 credit. After doing an entire kitchen remodel with lowe’s and spending a ton of money I am very displeased with the end result and no one seems to care. Our vision was to tile all the way down to the counter and now that is not possible due to this error. Lowe’s has held the position of the fabricator that the 5/8 gap is necessary because my walls aren’t straight and done nothing to back me up. Doesn’t make sense. After consulting with an architect, with no self interest in this project, it is confirmed that walls are nit always straight and gaps should not be that big. Regretful of the choice to do counters through Lowe’s and would highly recommend looking elsewhere For anyone considering.

• Family Terry tubbs
    3 years ago

DO NOT BUY COUNTERTOPS HERE!!! I have been waiting over 2 months. They subcontract everything and you will NEVER get ahold of anyone. I still have no counter and NO KITCHEN. The counters were ordered Aug 28, 2020. I was told after missing install of Oct 3, that it would be Oct 19. Nope, now Nov 16 is new date. Unacceptable. They have had my 3k for over 2 months. Thinking of contacting a lawyer.

• C M Williams
    3 years ago

What City and State is this in?

• Maria George
    last year
    last modified: last year

Be aware of their deceiving prices on quartz countertops quotes. I had a quote given to me that was too good to be true. After exchanging several emails, some with pictures attached, and the fact that I mentioned many, many times that I had 5 undermount sinks I was quoted a price only to find out that there was an extra charge of $378.00 per sink that the cabinet representative "did not know about". Had a meeting at the Sandlake store only to be told by the managers that they don't stand behind their written quotes. I asked them what was the point of getting a quote if they did not have to be accurate. No answer. Dealing with Corporate now. Crazy to say the least.

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource