Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mom23es_gw

Found our granite slabs!!! -"White Fantasy"

Mom23Es
11 years ago

I've almost posted several vents about our struggles to find *the* slabs, but I figured no one really wanted to hear (read) me complain. Let's just leave it at "it's been harder than we thought it would be".

DH finally got frustrated enough to just call all the stone yards around here. Turns out there are a bunch of different names for this stuff. In the end we got "white fantasy" but it was also called Vermont white, alpine white, and Donna Saundra. On GW, it's more commonly called super white. DH ran over to the stone place after work, and he made the call. I'm trusting his judgement! Below are the pics he took with his cell phone. These are pics of two of the slabs. First pic has the slab we will use on the island. The second two pics are the slab for the rest of the kitchen. We also tagged another slab from the same lot just in case.

I'm in love. Lol. I will be on pins and needles until it is actually fabricated and installed.

Comments (24)

• KBH
    11 years ago

Beautiful!

• jjaazzy
    11 years ago

Wow that's granite? That's really pretty, Oh I am stuck picking out my slabs right now, wish I was posting Look what I did photos! LOL

• mrsjoe
    11 years ago

Those are absolutely stunning. Congrats!

• Lil_Moe
    11 years ago

wow,gorgeous!

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

Hubby did good!!! Those are absolutely beautiful! Glad you found something you really, really love!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Sweet and hope you "licked it" - See Beekeeper post about "licking" your stone!

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

It's delicious, so yes, you should lick it.

• secondhalf
    11 years ago

Uhhh- can someone re-explain the licking? I searched but didn't find...

Your granite is incredible. Happy for you!! I sympathize with the hours of searching and feeling that you shouldn't complain!

• springroz
    11 years ago

It has ANGELS in it!!

Most beautiful whatever they want to call it!

Nancy

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

The licking goes back to the VW commercial. In order to prevent someone else from buying "THE" car that the guy wants, he licks the handle, thus no one else will touch it or buy it...

So, you gotta go lick it!

• Mom23Es
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone! I love it, and I haven't even touched it! :)

I remember that VW commercial! Lol. Pretty sure DH didn't lick it though. Just a "tag". ;)

Jjazzy- Everyone around my part of town calls it granite. On GW and elsewhere on the net it's commonly called quartzite. One place we went to called it a "granite blend". So many names.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

That's incredibly beautiful! Wow! And your DH called around and tagged those?! My jaw is on the floor. ;)

First thing I saw was the angel in that third slab. Very special.

Have you seen Aokat's Donna Sandra kitchen?

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

WTG for your DH for picking these out! Gorgeous!

• drewem
    11 years ago

Very nice!

• Ann Scheley
    11 years ago

Wow...the soft waves and swirls are dreamy.

• ksquires
    11 years ago

Hi everyone!

Our tiles are in- they are a dark gray and our cabinets were just delivered today. They are white. I want to put a deposit on a light granite- I have a few in mind. They are all white with grey, some brown. I am getting nervous that there will be "too much white". Please help me by posting some pics of your white cabinets/light granite. Thanks so much!

• mamasheshe
    11 years ago

G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!!! Breathtaking. Can't wait to see them in.

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

Ooooh mesmerizing! Love it. It's granite? So no etching, staining or pampering?? Tell me that's so because I want it! Love light stones and the look of marble, but couldn't deal with the care required.
    Can't wait to see your finished kitchen. What cabinet color/style are you going with?

• slush1422
    11 years ago

It's beautiful!!!! Congratulations! Our slab yard called our Moon Night a granite - but at other places it was called Super White Quartzite...oh the many names! I see the angel too...gorgeous!

• carp123
    11 years ago

really beautiful!! I saw someone mentioned "licking the stone" haha!! I always rub my cheek against it and want to bite it! I know...weird.

• Mom23Es
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Didn't realize there were more updates here! Thanks for the compliments. They didn't do a great job fabricating one piece so we are anxiously awaiting another install this week. So stressful!!!

Island- My cabinets are Medallion brand in "white icing". It's a bright white. The floors are getting a second coat of stain today, and they are hopefully turning into a beautiful dark brown but not black color. It is granite for sure, but unfortunately there have been mixed reviews here. Beekeeperswife has had a terrible time with hers- search for her Saran wrap thread. I'm hopeful that it will be okay, but I've already warned DH that he needs to use the wetbar (different granite) for making drinks and all his other messes. lol.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Love it. Definitely lick that baby!

• desertsteph
    11 years ago

I see the manes of many horses in those...

beautiful! be sure to go there to template your slabs!

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

It's gorgeous! I think the granite search has been the most difficult of all our kitchen decisions.