Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
htracey_gw

Who knew picking out a faucet would be so complecated!

htracey
12 years ago

I'm looking online and the selection and price ranges have shocked me! All I know is I want a pretty wall mounted faucet with an 8' center. This perticular one goes into water pressure and flowrate... what should I be looking for in these departments?

Here is a link that might be useful: Faucet

Comments (10)

• htracey
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Correction: "complicated".... with I could figure out how to edit my post title...

• swisscook
    12 years ago

We are at the same stage trying to pick out a faucet. It was the one thing our friends who just did a kitchen told us not to skimp on. They opted for a cheaper version from home depot and said it was broken within the first 18 months. Keep in mind how often you use that ONE item...all day, every day several times a day!
    We have been looking in stores, researching on line reviews, asking friends...then will buy on line. Also, as I previously posted, I asked our plumber who was FILLED with opinions and war stories of 'bad brands' that break or are high end brands that are hard to install/fix/find parts for. GOOD LUCK!

• dianalo
    12 years ago

We have a Chicago wall mount faucet and love it. It is quite sturdy and well made.
    I'd skip the worries about flow rate and water pressure. You can make yourself crazy with too much info.... Buy quality in the right size and look and the rest will fall into place.

• oldhousegal
    12 years ago

Wall mount faucets are tough to find. I've been searching for one for weeks, and finally decided to go with a deck mount since I didn't want to spend nearly $1K. I currently have a Grohe wall mount with a high arc spout. I'm not sure if they still make it but I've had it for 5+ years and it's been great- I think I paid $300! My new deck mount faucet is also a higher end brand, and I would say definitely go with a quality brand and avoid the big box stores if at all possible. I think they sell a lesser quality product (unless you do a special order).

I have also purchased a lot of items for my old house from Signature Hardware and they are great to work with, so if you aren't happy with it....in fact my shower faucet/riser set up was purchased from them six years ago, and I've not had any problems with it.

HTH!

• dianalo
    12 years ago

Our faucet was in the $300 range and is a wall mount.... As soon as it came out of the box you could feel how well put together and solid it is.

• littlesmokie
    12 years ago

The faucet you linked is made by Elements of Design (signature hardware likes to rename their products so you can't comparison shop...) I believe it's considered good mid range quality solid brass/ceramic disc valves and would be comparable to Chicago Faucets quality. (I'm NOT an expert in these things, just repeating what I learned from the plumber and my guy at the hardware store.)

And I agree with dianolo-I wouldn't worry about flow rate/water pressure, and I also agree that this is somewhere it makes sense to spend if you can to make sure you get something that will not need to be replaced in a couple years. I've heard many excellent reports about those Chicago Faucets, but not much about the EoD faucets.

I'm linking some EoD faucets below-I have NEVER shopped with this vendor and am not recommending-but I spotted your faucet here and thought you might be interested in seeing the other models and prices.

Here is a link that might be useful: Elements of Design Wall mounted faucets

• davidro1
    12 years ago

Wall mount faucets are tough to find...
    I've been searching for months!
    On ebay or amazon I saw that Australians can buy wallmounts for $50.
    Go figure.

I think I'll finally decide to go with a deck mount that has a springy/flexible spout.

• littlesmokie
    12 years ago

Well this is definitely not in the $50 range, LOL, but for fun, have all of you shopping for wall mounted faucets already seen the Jaclo Steamvalve Bridge Faucet? (It's the only wall mount I know of with a streamlined integrated sprayer.)

WARNING-the price of this faucet if VERY shocking!

I was obsessed with this faucet, but when I finally played with a floor model I decided NOT to get it because the mechanism for getting the sprayer on and off was not as effortless as I hoped (and really because my husband strongly preferred a deck mount and we needed to make a decision and run the water lines!)

The steamvalve is one sexy faucet. Search for photos of Theresse's gorgeous kitchen here to see it installed. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Jaclo steam valve

• davidro1
    12 years ago

There is a lot that is good in that Jaclo S.V.O. faucet and the deckmount versions too. It's a winner. An open half-tube supporting the hose is a good idea. I would like the clip clamping the handspray to be softer; as it is now, you risk spraying yourself when you take the handspray out of the clip. (!). In the deckmount version, They have one with a single handle mixer. If your ground water temperature is like mine,it's too cold for you to use "cold" water continuously. A single handle mixer makes sense in that case.

Finding a single handle AND wall mount faucet is next to impossible. There are a few.

• rococogurl
    12 years ago

A fair number of deck mounted, two-handle faucets can be wall mounted. If you find one you like, check the specs carefully.

That may require a kit or just fittings turned in a different direction (thinking about offset aka "curvy" legs.