Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This backsplash is ok..... right?

Posted by KarMar00 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 19:14

So, my prego crazy self decided to do a kitchen remodel. Granite (Juparana Delicatus) was installed last week and I lovvvveeeee it. Tile guy was here and installed what I picked for the backsplash. It's growing on me, but I have some doubts... I can't tell if just my hormones and realllly wanting to be done with this process. I didn't have the "i love it!!" reaction as I did with the granite
No grout yet, doing "mobe pearl".
(sorry about the rotation, if you click on this picture you can see it upright)

So I joined this group to ask you, internet strangers, can I leave this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This backsplash is ok..... right?

i think that looks lovely!

o

I am by no means an expert but I think they work nicely together. The tones seem to be similar from this angle. Pretty combo of cabinets, granite and tile.

o

I think they work too. I think it's not the WOW reaction you got from your granite because it's a purposefully understated backsplash to make the granite the star. Or it could be your hormones. Or it could be that this kitchen reno stuff just makes you second guess every. single. little. thing. and (if you're like me) just beats you down emotionally.

(rough day around here...good...high points...but draining)

o

I really like it!

o

It looks very nice with your granite and cabinets!

o

To my eyes it looks very pretty with your granite and cabinets. BTW- Congrats on the new baby!

o

I think it is almost perfect. Good choice and the hormones are working in your favor!

o

Looks like a beautiful and soothing combination!

o

You got on the first try what so many attempt - the perfect backdrop for lovely counters. :)

o

It's not grouted yet so now is the time it would be easiest to change your mind. If it was grouted, I wouldn't even suggest looking at other options.Your countertops are lovely & with your dark cabinets a plain white/off white might make your countertops pop more. I think the pattern in the backsplash is competing with your Delicatus.
This is a picture of Kellienoelle's kitchen, Delicatus granite, cherry cabinets & Crossville 4x12 porcelain tiles.

o

On my monitor it looks great.

o

Looks great, stop second guessing, you got it right. Move on to your next decision. Or put your feet up and enjoy your beautiful new counters and backsplash.

o

I think I like it, but I'd like to see another picture.

o

I like it too. (What is it?)

o

Another picture would be helpful.

While there is some competition, I think it depends what your goal and preferences are. Kellie's beautiful kitchen has a clean crisp look. Holly Kay's ever so lovely one is quieter and more mellow. The tile here seems a similar combination as yours.

o

Thank you all!! This is such an emotional process Cali quail! Friday when my grout couldn't go in and we couldn't start the floor and my tile people got the wrong bull nose piece for the THiRD time, there were definitely tears.
I do really like noelle's kitchen, and actually saw that picture on here as I was trying to figure out what I wanted. When I picked this tile, there was just the one piece that was the whitest/least movement and I wasn't smart(?) enough to realize what V4 means in tile. I wish they all looked like the one I choose on the board, but you've all made me feel much better :). DH approved tonight too, so for now crisis averted. Can't wait to see what you are all up to.
One more pic

o

I think it looks great AND it looks like excellent workmanship as well.

o

They look really pretty together. Your cabinets are traditional, so it's a good fit. The warmth in the tile is perfect with them.

o

I like that pic even better than the other! Ya done good! I think it looks soft and warm and inviting.

How long until the baby?

o

I love it!!

o

Thanks all! Baby is due sept 20, so I'm starting to feel the urgency. We started tear out June 17. I really didn't know what to expect time wise, but waiting on the counters to be fabricated four weeks meant two weeks of stand still. Annoying, but I do love them. And living in small town America with limited suppliers/contractors has been a challenge. DH is not a handy man and wants nothing to do with this process. Ha ha
Hopefully I'll have some before and after real soon!

This post was edited by KarMar00 on Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 10:41

o

Very pretty. Your cabinets are warmer than Kellienoelle's & two completely different looks. Backsplashes are tough, so many different directions you can go. You made a good choice & I didn't mean to instill any doubt.

o

That's true. Thanks romy. That reminds me of my original backsplash plan... In the adjoining living room there is a fireplace with really cool whiteish stacked stone mantle. Initially I thought about doing stacked stone in the kitchen, but decided that would be too much. Instead I wanted to find a tile that had a stone like look... And didn't want to be glossy

o

Maybe once my refrigerator is out of the living room I'll start seeing them as one room again. Lol

o

My first impression was that the first row is too white because it appears he put all the light tiles together. They could be removed and a few darker mixed in, but when you put your stuff on the counters, it probably won't even matter.

o

Looks good!

o

I like it .... the overall tones blend and the backsplash has a much quieter, almost foggy, version of the pattern of the granite.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here