Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spanky_md

New IKEA Ringskar faucet suddenly leaking!

spanky_md
9 years ago

(cross posted this on the ikeafans site--apologies to anyone who reads both)

I've been using my new kitchen for a couple of weeks with no problem. I had a contractor install the cabinets, counter, and sink and they hooked up the disposal, dishwasher and sink plumbing.

Everything was working fine until this evening. I was rinsing dishes and loading the dishwasher. Pushing the hose back up into the faucet seemed balky, then I noticed that the amount of water coming out of the faucet didn't seem like the usual flow. Then I noticed a LOT of water coming out from under the dishwasher which I'd just started. In a panic, I looked inside the sink cabinet--even MORE water.

It is pouring down from where the connector hose meets the faucet. And the faucet itself is loose where it connects to its base above the counter. Not real loose but definitely wiggly. I cannot use the faucet at all until this is fixed.

Is this a known problem with Numerar faucets?? Do they work loose? Or does it sound like my contractor didn't install it correctly? I think they had problems hooking it up because there was almost no clearance between the sink and cabinet, but they didn't say anything to me about it. We didn't part on the best of terms (many, many small issues that added up, not the least of which was stuff like I just mentioned) so i'm hoping it's not something they're responsible for, simply because I don't ever want to deal with them again!

Agh!

Oh, and I just noticed that the dishwasher is also leaking slowly when the sink faucet is off.

Comments (6)