Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cam349

Dolce Vita or White Macaubus Quartzite Anyone??

cam349
11 years ago

Does anyone have any experience with this Dolce Vita or white macaubas? I'm wondering about things like etching and staining.

Here's the Dolce Vita:

Here's a closeup:

Here's the White Macaubus I was shown:

Closeup of veining:

Comments (17)

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

That Dolce Vita is to die for!!! Just wanted to say how beautiful it is but no I don't have any experience with it.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Ditto!

• cam349
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm doing the lemon, mustard and oil test as we speak. Cross your fingers!

• babs711
    11 years ago

A few of us have WM and love it. No etching or staining at all.

But out of your particular slabs, I much prefer the DV. It's prettier. WM usually wows me but doesn't here. I'd go for the DV. It's gorgeous!

• andreak100
    11 years ago

That Dolce Vita is gorgeous!!! Very, very, very nice. Hope it passes the test!

• cam349
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here's the news on the Dolce Vita:
    Mustard, pasta sauce, olive oil, marg - no problem
    Lemon - 5 min - no problem
    1.5 hours - not too bad
    24 hours - BIG WHITE CHALKY ROUGH ETCH ( but seems not as bad after drying....so we'll see if it bothers me in a day or so....)

The macaubas so far seems fine, but I've only tested the 1.5 hours and the sample I have seems quite grey compared to the slab so I'm not sure I'd trust the test anyway.

• sprtphntc7a
    11 years ago

DV is fab!!! no experience with it, but it is gorgeous!!!!

• cam349
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here's a better view of the Macaubas. I think the lower left of this huge slab would look good if I can't live with the Dolce Vita etching. I'm using soapstone (grey/black not green) for the perimeter counters.

View of right side of slab:

I could use the top of the slab as well and it would look a lot like marble.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO???

• reddyinga
    7 years ago

what did you do? I'm currently considering DV and the etching concerns me too

• Lynda
    6 years ago
    Any update? If you used DV, have you had etching?
  • User
    3 years ago

Any update? If you used DV, how is long term results

• Marguerite Mastromatto
    3 years ago

I just chose La Dolce Vita for my countertop. It's still in the slab yard waiting installation. Is there anyone that has used this who has photos/experience? My slab looks so different from the photo above.

• lmp1959
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

We are considering DV too and the slab I saw today looks just like the one @Marguerite Mastromatto posted. Concerned it may pull too creamy/yellow so we are also considering Mystery White Extra. Would love to see pics of your DV @reddyinga. Here's a pic of the Mystery White- so pretty too! What looks pinkish in the pic is actually beigy.

• Marguerite Mastromatto
    3 years ago

@Imp1959 What color are your cabinets? My cabinets are - I say cream, but they really aren't cream. The cabinet maker described the color as a warm sandy blonde with a hazelnut glaze. One of my friends said vanilla. Neutral stones like Taj Mahal pull gray, others are too white. Plus, I have a brick floor that changed everything. Not what I planned. It's now the quarantine rustic kitchen, but I will make it work.

• lmp1959
    3 years ago

Cabs are SW Dark Night- a very dark teal in our kitchen, which doesn't have a lot of natural light. Floors are a warm medium tone hardwood. Taj Mahal looks "muddy"- definitely need a warm white counter.

• athomeeileen
    3 years ago

I've had Dolce Vita for 16 months. No staining but a couple etch marks where my husband has left lemon juice. It's not noticeable to anyone but me. Mine looks just like the photo posted by Marguerite Mastromatto. I have ivory cabinets.