Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flora2b_gw

Trying again...change layout better function

flora2b
9 years ago

Okay.......I've not mastered sketch-up but have a few graph paper drawings (I'm old school...sorry)
We, as in 2, live an informal, empty nest lifestyle with a 5-10 yr window of living here. Love gardening and having access to the outdoors to grab herbs etc. Looking for improved function and storage/prep space. Budget 10-15K...maybe more for additional flooring to run in adjoining areas.
Here is the 'social' part of the main floor:

One person cook, with summer preserves and garden produce to process(canning, drying, etc). Use microwave only to reheat things.
Would like to see kitchen more open to dining area. I plan on eliminating the table and chairs in the kitchen.
The load bearing wall is to stay, I don't want kitchen to be open to the front entrance door. Like sink at the window, don't need huge fridge (21cf) as I have a spare for summertime in the basement.

Wondering about moving the built in china cabinet and re-purposing it elsewhere. I'm open to a peninsula or island, but would love to center it, so as to look out the large picture window: and of course not be staring into the upper cabinet as I presently do. Could maybe add some secondary seating as well. Like the raised bar look.
Was wondering about having the upper cabinets go all the way to the ceiling after removal of the drop ceiling (11" gain) to get extra storage for things not used very often?

Any thoughts...
Thanks
Flora

Comments (4)