Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pattyjill_gw

Where do you keep you pots & pans?

Pattyjill
11 years ago

So where do you store all of your pots, pans & lids? Right now mine are in a lazy susan but that isn't what I want for the next kitchen.

Comments (15)

• labbie
    11 years ago

We have a rangetop with separate wall ovens, so we use 2 large deep drawers that are right under the rangetop. So much easier than our old cupboards where we had to squat down and reach back for everything.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

I have an induction cooktop which leaves room for pullouts behind double doors underneath where I store my pots and pans...casseroles and such are in the pantry around the corner.

• bellsmom
    11 years ago

Big stock pots and the like are in a pullout shelf over the fridge. A few smaller pots are in two bottom drawers in the cabinets. Some casseroles and dutch ovens are on shelves in the pantry. But all of the most commonly used cast iron and copper skillets, pans, and lids are here:

On a segment of blank wall, I have two bookshelf pot racks. I love them. Should you consider such, you have to SERIOUSLY anchor them to the wall. Way more than the bolts that come with them. These are anchored with heavy toggle bolts through 2 x 6 boards on the other side of the wall in the pantry.

• Buehl
    11 years ago

In drawers! Most are stored in two 36" deep drawers under our cooktop but my "gluten-free" pots & pans are in two deep 24" drawers (along with a toaster, waffle iron, and KA mixer bowl).

I store the lids with the pots they go with - it's so easy to grab the pot + lid together. No rooting around or searching for the right lid.

I do as little stacking as possible to make it even easier!

An example (one of the 36" drawers):

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Beagles - you even outdid my drawers!
    This isn't the final arrangement but new pictures coming soon!
    The lower drawer has a few stacked fry pans that are too big to put on the side and there are a few larger pans left in the Super Susan!

• mjher1
    11 years ago

beagles and a2gemini, how deep are those drawers? They look fantastic!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

The drawers are 12 inches high by 36 wide and ~21 deep but the usable inside space a bit less.
    I also have one taller drawer under the ovens that can stores my mom's cuisinart, bread machine, extra burner and a few other items.

• francoise47
    11 years ago

The ones I use every day are kept in the two drawers to the left of my range. Best pot, pan and skillet storage I've ever had.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• ginny20
    11 years ago

Two 36" drawers under the cooktop. I measured the tallest pot and made the bottom drawer deep enough to accommodate it. I also have a couple of lesser used pots (like the fish poacher)up on a top shelf in the upper cabs. I keep each pot with its lid on it, like in most of the other pictures.

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

Drawers next to range. I love it!

• rosie
    11 years ago

Drawers here too. All but the largest stock pot fit right under the range and under the work counter next to it. Storing with lids on is nice but takes a lot more space than I have. To keep everything right where I work, I stack them about 2 high, 3 on fry pans, and store their lids standing in a row along the back of the drawer using a divider. Would do just the same again.

• 2LittleFishies
    11 years ago

My Kitchen is planned with 3 36" drawers under cooktop but I have to find out the height of each one. I'd prefer they are deep enough like a2geminis and beagles...

Maybe I should just do 2 drawers instead of 3. There will be an induction cooktop above them.

• bmorepanic
    11 years ago

95% of my pots are on top of or hanging from an ikea gruntal rack. Their lids are either on the pot if its on top, in a drawer to the left of the range or under the prep sink.

I have a few specialty things like a huge stock pot that are not kept in the kitchen at all.

@francoise47 - mineral pan? Do you like it?

• andreak100
    11 years ago

Beagles - can you tell me if the pan handles tend to "slide" over into the next section because of the dividers not being solid in your drawers? I am planning on dividers, but I can't decide on the dowels like what your drawer shows or the slats like what a2g has.