Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gigibozo

Sneak peek Sea Pearl installed

Susan Phillips
10 years ago

Hi all,

Just had my Sea Pearl quartzite installed today, along with the natural cherry countertop for the island. We are very pleased and the pictures don't do it justice. It's exactly how I hoped it would be. Beautiful!

Comments (24)

• chiefy
    10 years ago

Gorgeous! I love the mini backsplash too. Are you doing tiles above?

• Susan Phillips
    Original Author
    10 years ago

A close-up.

• Susan Phillips
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Yes, will be tiling above.

• Peke
    10 years ago

Ooh Gigi, that is amazing. We both worried and stressed so much. I can't wait to see your backsplash with it.

My fabricator came today, measured, drew it out, and hos foremen is cutting it today and tomorrow. They have never cut quartzite before. They said installation will be Monday or tuesday. Peke

Peke

• motherof3sons
    10 years ago

That is beautiful!

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Makes me :) !!!

• justmakeit
    10 years ago

Wow, gorgeous stone! I love the gray/green colors. I'd love to see a photo of the cherry counter too.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Gigi - that is one beautiful counter - looking forward to seeing the rest of the kitchen :-)

• Susan Phillips
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Not the clearest picture, but here's the cherry.

Peke, hang in there. I am so happy with the way it turned out. I'm sure you will be delighted with your's too.

• williamsem
    10 years ago

Oh my. That is gorgeous!

• azmom
    10 years ago

Wow! Both counters are just beautiful!

• karin_mt
    10 years ago

Yaaay Gigi! Congratulations, it looks beautiful! I'm totally happy for you!

• ginny20
    10 years ago

Love it!

• Peke
    10 years ago

Gigi, the cherry is gorgeous. It looks great with the color of your island. What color is the paint and which brand?

Also what is the opening under the stone in the middle of the cabinets?

Peke

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Just gorgeous. I love your island with the cherry too. I can't wait to see the whole thing!

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

So pretty! Looking forward to seeing it all together!

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

Your island and your counters are beautiful!

• Susan Phillips
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you everyone! Peke, the blue is Sherwin Williams Dutch Tile Blue. Our designer used it in another kitchen and we fell in love with it. So happy we decided to have the island painted a different color from the rest of the cabinets. The openings are for pullout cutting boards. We took them out before the counter install because they still need the little knobs put in them. We have pullout boards in our house now and we use them all the time.

Floor finisher starts on the 12th. All of the floors are being done in the house(except for bathrooms). I'm excited to see how they turn out.

• Peke
    10 years ago

I wondered if that was what the holes were for. I just love that color on the island. You did very well!

Sea Pearl is coming to my house this week.....Peke

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

The seapearl is delicious looking. I love the green undertones.

• mjocean
    10 years ago

Your counters are gorgeous, also love the blue tile.

• Debbi Branka
    10 years ago

Very beautiful!

• kaysd
    10 years ago

That Sea Pearl is seriously gorgeous. I considered using it too when I was having trouble finding the white quartzite I envisioned in our space. (The SP didn't look good with our chosen floor tiles, though, and DH was not willing to start the tile selection process over.) The cherry and blue island is also beautiful.

• caitlinmagner
    10 years ago

So gorgeous - especially so with your painted island! I'm glad you love it!

We also are painting the island a different color than the cabs - nice to see yours turn out so well!