Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with a paint color

Posted by frmrsdghtr (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 23, 13 at 18:16

Maybe I shouldn't post this in kitchens, but it sort of relates :). We refreshed our kitchen two years ago and now our little family room really needs a new paint color (green room in picture). Any ideas on a color? I feel so stuck on this? I'm leaning towards something like BM Coastal fog but am a little worried about having too much gray in our little house, esp since all the cabinets are gray too. The living room off the dining room is BM Cedar Key. I thought maybe I'd switch it up and do the family room a blue-gray but all the sample pieces I've painted on the wall scream to me baby-boy nursery. I just haven't liked them. Would love your suggestions.

PS. Would also love ideas on how to keep laminate streak free. A minute after I mop (even if I manage to keep the kids off of it until it dries) it seems to get streaks/footprints everywhere.

photo afterdiningandkit.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with a paint color

I like the green in the family room....light celery? do you dislike it? I wouldn't paint that room gray. You have enough black accents around and with appliances....not sure what you think gray walls would do for the space. The green works with brown couches/tan carpet and the black touches in kitchen/dining. How about just another shade of green-it's used widely now and considered a neutral.....a nice big painting above the couch with some colors so you see this when you look through....the green is a great backdrop for more decorating.

o

In the gray-blue category, we used BM Silver Lake for the LR.
 photo LR.jpg
Sorry about the junk, but that was the best picture of the actual color. The color in the adjacent room is more "baby boy nursery." The BM link shows a much flatter gray, but on the wall it's definitely blue-gray. Warning: this color looks very different in different lights. We tried it in our MBR on the same side of the house and it didn't look the same at all. Moral of the story - sample paint first.

Here is a link that might be useful: BM Silver Lake page

o

I like the green the way it is also, a soothing retreat from the work rooms...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here