Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisaa007

loves2cook4six, ? about your Hafele Magic Corner II

lisa_a
9 years ago

loves2cook4six, I found photos of your Hafele Magic Corner II cabinet on an old thread (linked below). That's most likely the BCC pull-out I'm going to get and I plan to use it for the same purpose as you, to store small appliances.

What I haven't been able to find is the inner dimensions of each shelf; width, depth and especially height. What I'm looking for is usable space, so the distance between the sides and clearance between shelves. Would you please measure yours (including cab opening) and post it for me? I want to make sure that what I want to store in that cab will fit.

Thank you!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Corner Cabinets/Dead Corners - What Did U Do?

This post was edited by lisa_a on Sun, Aug 17, 14 at 18:54

Comments (6)

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

Lisa_a, just another thought - when I needed dimensions of various pull-outs, I used the "instant chat" function on Kitchensource (which is who I ordered from) and they were very helpful, calling the manufacturer for me when I had questions. I think they do enough business that the manufacturer takes them seriously.

• lisa_a
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, sjhockeyfan! I never would have thought of that. I'll do that right now.

• loves2cook4six
    9 years ago

Lisa - Wow. Would never have seen this post except someone else emailed me a question and I came here to see if I could find an old thread.

All the drawers have the same inner dimension 18 x 14.75". The first unit, the one you see when you open the door, has three levels you can place the baskets. I use the bottom two. They don't slide out - the whole section moves forward and swings out the cabinet. The clearance between each shelf is 7.5" but the shelf has a lip which impacts the actual height of the items you can store in there. The top shelf has lots more additional room as you can go all the way to the top of the door opening.

The inner unit has fixed slide out drawers about 11" apart and the top one also much more.

My cab opening is more than the minimum required as my cabs were custom built.

Hope that helps

• lisa_a
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes, it does, loves2cook4six, thank you! I just finished chatting with an operator at kitchensource at the suggestion of sjhockeyfan but she wasn't able to provide any info beyond the Hafele specs for the unit.

If I understand you correctly, you can only store short items on the bottom shelf of the first unit but you can store taller items on the top shelf of the 1st and 2nd units. Would I be able to store something that is 14" tall on the top shelf? Oh, wait, it sounds like I can store items as tall as 11" on the bottom shelf of the 2nd unit, it's only the 2nd shelf of the 1st unit that is quite height challenged. Is that correct?

My goal is to store my KA stand mixer, bread machine, juicer, and 2 slow cookers on the shelves. I know I can store them on 2 ROTs in a 19.5" wide cab but if I can get them and more on a Hafele Magic Corner II in a slightly wider cab, it would be worth the $$ to me.

Thank you, thank you!!

• loves2cook4six
    9 years ago

It depends where you put the top shelf in the first unit. It has two options. If you have it in the higher spot you have about 14" in the bottom drawer and less then in the top. Mine isn't set up that way.

I have an Anskarsrum Mixer and a Vitamix with both jugs on the top of the first unit, A shoebox and a Cuisinart griddle/grill on the lower shelf. On the top of the second unit I have a rice cooker and the bottom drawer has a waffle maker and another shoe box. The kids still haven't found the chocolate in that one LOL. If your stuff fits the drawer footprint, I'm sure you can figure out the height. I also have a KA mixer but leave it on the counter as it's used every day. The bigger mixer I only use for huge batches and bread.

• lisa_a
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, loves2cook4six!

Love your chocolate hiding spot. ;-)