Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blanco Meridian or Danze Parma?

Posted by marthastoo (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 18:13

I have been leaning toward getting a commercial-style pull down faucet and the Blanco and Danze have the most pleasing "look" to me with a perfect upside down U shape. Some have a more haphazard, asymmetrical look (like KWC), some are too tall and some are too short. I was wondering if anyone can speak to the quality and usability of either the Blanco or Danze. I've read that the Danze's hose (?) isn't long enough to clean the sink. Is that true?

Also, DH thinks this style is ugly and doesn't want it. I just really like the style of it. We were set on getting a bridge style faucet when the commercial style pull downs started to grow on me. So how can I sell him on this style faucet?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blanco Meridian or Danze Parma?

marthastoo, I always thought I'd do a non-commercial style look for the faucet but it turns out I got the Blanco Culina semi-pro faucet. I've looked at the Blanco Meridian and really like it's form and function. As with the Culina, it has the pull down hand spray from an outreached "arm".

I find this steady arm to allow a no-hands use (other than turning on) when filling pots or washing veggies or rinsing). My sink drain is just a little behind the head/arm unit so water doesn't travel far to the drain (another feature I like). Also, you can swivel back and forth with stream/spray with it engaged. That's all without "pulling down" to reach farther or do clean up.

When I was reviewing faucets I read about Danze products. Many like them, some reported quality issues.

My husband was a little taken back when his wife brought this professional style into a traditional kitchen, but Blanco made a work horse of a faucet with great features. Definitely gives you the feel of getting tasks done on time and in-budget.

Hope this helps a little.

o
RE: Blanco Meridian or Danze Parma?

Thanks Sparklingwater! I keep going back and forth on my kitchen reno decisions and need to make up my mind. The scales are tipping toward the Blanco though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here