Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Induction Gas Combination Cooktop

Posted by spagano (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 25, 12 at 17:51

Hello. I searched but couldn't find many pictures. Apologies if this has been beat to death and I manged to miss it. I am in the very early stages of building a new home and have been gathering information. I'm very interested in induction but do love my gas cooktop. I'm not a facny or adventurous cook (although sometimes I give it a try and it turns out OK) but do would like to be at some point!

Does anyone have either the Bertazzoni PM363IOX induction/gas cooktop or the Gaggenau Modular? If so, could you share some pictures please? I've found some online but they all seem to be dealer shots.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Induction Gas Combination Cooktop

About the only things I can't do on an induction that could be done on gas is roast peppers and tilt the pan to pick up flames for flambe. Otherwise, induction is superior to gas IMO as I can get the heat lower and higher than I could with gas yet have as much immediate control as I had with gas, and at more energy efficiency.

o

Wolf also has gas and induction modules

Here is a link that might be useful: Wolf gas & induction modules

o

We have at least one gas burners aficionado and at least one forward thinking induction interested cook in our house. We loose electricity at the drop of a summer or winter windy snow storm, often without it for many long days. Hence can't give up gas.

This combo cooktop or modules sounds like a viable option. I've reviewed Wolf's modules, but don't like how they sit separately in your counter top. I can't imagine the fabricator's job if I understand their placements.

Does any one have either the Wolf, Berta or Gagg modules/cooktop and willing to weigh in? If you do, are you pleased and would you buy them again? Pictures are welcomed. Thanks so much.

o

Sparklingwater - I have a 15" Wolf induction and a 30" Thermador gas cooktop installed side by side. It really wasn't a problem for the fabricators. If you are interested in a photo of this particular configuration (not exactly what you are considering) I will post one. I don't mind how they look, but my decision to install both was a practical one. I really like the Wolf induction so far - but it's only been installed for a couple of weeks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here